Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR 2.49 white screen --frustration

Chuck
Chuck Member
edited July 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Brought up Flex6500 Ver. 2.49, it ran thru its boot up drill, CAT & DAX invoked to the tray as did SDR. No SDR window in the computer monitor(s), what the heck! Ran the mouse over the SDR icon in the tray and it shows SDR window as there but with a black screen, no data at all, no waterfall, slices, etc, nothing, blank. Computer restart, no joy, radio full reset no joy, uninstall SSDR 2.49 and reinstall (follwing FR directions) no joy. Invoked WSJT-X, signals  there and decodes, JS8 same thing, change bands works, I can hear signals from powered speakers just fine. Flex Control works ok also.
Windows 10 did an update a few days ago, not sure if I tried radio after that.
Unless someone has an idea I guess I will wait until Monday and see what FRS says.
As a rant this seems to be happening more and more and am about ready to throw in the towel.
Rant off.
Tnx if u have a clue
Chuck -W9NWR

Comments

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019

Learn how to make a disk image of your computer on a regular basis. When misfortune strikes and it will, just reimage. Quit ranting and do things the easy way.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    It sounds like a computer problem, not a radio problem...there are some really good people on here that can help you if they are around, I hope one of them will chime in. It could be the windows update? hang in there....
  • Paul - K6HR
    Paul - K6HR Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I saw something like this once. SSDR was running off screen somehow. To fix it I hovered over the little preview window and right clicked and selected "Move". Then I used the arrow keys on the keyboard to bring it back into view. YMMV.
  • Robert Kearbey
    Robert Kearbey Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Back off please Jim that is unkind
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    This sounds like no network comm to the radio.   Are you able to get network access using a browser?

When SSDR starts do you see your radio shown in the radio list?

• Robert Kearbey
    Robert Kearbey Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    One more reply thing chuck. I had a similar problem. Finally had a friend change back to windows7. It is incredible now.
  • Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited July 2019
    Your whole SSDR window is missing? If not, ignore me. If so, try this... 

Hover over the SSDR icon on the task bar. Do you see a thumbnail of the SSDR window? If so, right click it and select Move.

Now, use your arrow keys to bring the window back into one of your monitors.

This happens to me when I add/remove or move monitors around or change settings.

Kev N4TT

• Chuck
    Chuck Member
    edited April 2019
    Tnx Paul, I tried that earlier but there is nothing in the window other than the title SMARTSDR-Win and blank screen. I tried Restore (Move is dimmed out) but no help. Push come to shove maybe I could roll back the update but that may break more than it fixes. Video driver??? Grasping at straws now, other programs ham and non ham running perfect.
    EDIT:  Solved **** Went back to the System Tray (see Kev N4TT's screen shot) and now the Move function was available. Did the Move thing and its back!!
    Thanks all for the ideas.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.