Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR 2.3.7 - It's Deja Vu All Over again, and again...

Options
2»

Comments

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Not a problem then, as you know flex is working on the problem #6450
  • Johan / SE3X
    Johan / SE3X Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Only intended as information to developers. Maybe to add some priority the more users it affects. Might be interesting to notice that it doesn't seem to happen on the 6500. 6700 and 6500, neck to neck, on the same network, and so far only happens with 6700.
  • NM1W
    NM1W Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Options
    VA3WTB - I dont know flex is working on it, I only know there is a ticket. Its been happening since the beginning. 
  • Lawrence Gray
    Lawrence Gray Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Options
    My 6500 has hung up 4-5 times since the update. Usually while idle and left on for a few hours. Any user that has this issue should report it, so that the Flex folks working on it have an idea how many users are affected.
  • Jim  KJ7S
    Jim KJ7S Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Thanks for giving this a bug # Tim as it has happened to my 6300 as well, and when it does, I have to push and hold the power button to get the radio to shut off, then restart and all is well again for several hours. Jim  KJ7S  add: I have cat5 to switch and cat5 to computers that run the rig most all the time. I have used 2.3.7 remote once or twice with good results from my Dentist's office, so far. I'll get a chance to try it some more this week.
  • K6HN
    K6HN Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Options
    V2.3.9 fixed my lockups. My 6700 has been running for several days now with no issues.
  • Harry W0LS
    Harry W0LS Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Options
    My 6700 has been fine also since installing 2.3.9 on 7/10.....thanks for quick fix Flex!

73's
    Harry
    W0LS
  • Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Installed 2.3.9 this morning, 1 hour later it locked up my 6600.
    Sergey, KN7K
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Options
    My 6700 locked up yesterday during the contest. Only once and a soft power cycle with the front ON OFF switch was all it took to be back in action.
  • Lawrence Gray
    Lawrence Gray Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Options
    My 6500 hadn't locked up for days.  I stopped monitoring the network traffic because it seemed okay.  I checked into the Flex net for the first time yesterday PM and the 6500 locked up during a transmission, leaving the transmitter keyed.  A reset brought it back.  I'm doing nearly continuous FT8 contacts to the EU on 6 meters right now and it is just fine.  

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.