Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR 2.1

Manuel - W4SSB
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
When the new radios start shipping will 2.1 be released for all the 6000 series radios?

Answers

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Yes. One release to rule them all. You'll also need 2.1 for the Power Genius XL if you ordered one.

Ria

• ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Correct me if im wrong but, not necessarily them "all". I believe only If your radio is eligible for 2.x updates(you purchased a 2.0 upgrade or had that upgrade guaranteed as part of your purchase).  this is a key detail.  (Its not been announced yet, but would probably imagine a 1.x rollup for any fixes to features that were part of that release down the road at some point.)
  • Manuel - W4SSB
    edited June 2020
    Yes I assumed radios licensed for 2.0. interested to try the panadapter fill function.
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    By "rule them all" I mean all hardware versions. Any hardware can run 2.1, provided it has a license which you can buy for $200. 
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    all hardware versions ,  NO => Any F6xxx hardware    ;-)
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    And here I was trying to load it on my Kenwood TS-440. Silly me. 
  • Brad A. Steffler
    Brad A. Steffler Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Ria, you are too funny.

Brad
    KE4XJ
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    That's why you have friends. They have always a good hint for you :-)
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited January 2018
    Yes, the shipping of the new FLEX-6000 radios will coincide with the public (GA - general availability) release of SmartSDR v2.1
  • Marc Lalonde
    Marc Lalonde Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    did not better to release software first then ship radio  ???

this way  6500/6700 user that need help whit new soft  got time to fix it 
    before new wave of support for new radio come ?   , ya even if software work good  it always have some noise around it ;-)

but that my 1.2 cent  ,dam Canadian exchange rate ...
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Alpha team is testing it on the 6300/6500/6700 as well.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.