Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR 2.0 Busted Me

KC9NRN
KC9NRN Member
edited October 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows

I went through the steps for updating my 6300 remote controlling a computer from work via OpenVPN, got all the way to registering and bam, it wants me to power cycle the radio.... I'm at work so I have to wait until I get home. Of course this makes perfect sense and I tried to cheat, so now I have to wait until I get home.

Dagnab it. :)  So much for playing with Smartlink during lunch!!

Comments

• Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    You will also need to be able to push the PTT switch on the radio while at the radio to complete your reservation.  So, there is a double wamy.  That is a security feature.

:)
  • Matt (K0KB)
    Matt (K0KB) Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I registered mine almost immediately after release this morning from my office.  Maestro running in my office next to my monitors and calculator.

I simply switched the remote relay from my remote on port to the PTT port Sunday in advance of the release and then remote activated the relay I would normally use to remote power the station on. ;)
  • KC9NRN
    KC9NRN Member
    edited July 2017
    Yep, like I said, it busted me. It's fine, I'll get to play when I get home, I'll test through my laptop and a mifi.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.