Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR 1.8.3.167 transmits on the wrong frequency if adjusted while transmitting.

ai6re
ai6re Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
When using SmartSDR 1.8.3.167 on my Flex 6500 in LSB or USB, if any adjustement is made to the transmit frequency, the transmitter will jump to the indicated frequency + or - the CW offset. All future transmissions will be on a frequency offset from the indicated receive frequency by the CW offset. The receiver will continue to receive on the indicated frequency while each transmission will be on the offset frequency. I will include a screen shot showing this error while transmitting. This will continue until the frequency is adjusted while in receive mode, at which point the transmitter will shift back to the indicated frequency.image

Comments

• W0DHB
    W0DHB Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    This is a known issue. The problem happens when you are in TUN and you change frequency. If you are in TX via MOX button and change frequency this doesn't occur. This was discovered when using the 6500 (as well as 6300 and 6700) for satellite operations . We were able to put a work around in our satellite software to correct for this. If you're not using CW, set your CW Pitch to 100 (lowest setting) which will minimize the issue. Submit a help desk ticket for it, it helps Flex to know how many folks are effected by i. Dave W0DHB
  • Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Is it a good practice to change the frequency while transmitting?
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I only change frequency while transmitting if I want to monitor my signal with a
    web-SDR or if I am monitoring my retransmitted signal from a satellite. But
    for this purpose I use my Kenwood TS2000X....
  • W0DHB
    W0DHB Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    As Alex mentioned In satellite operations you do change frequency when transmitting to adjust for Doppler shift.
    The 6000 series with transverters is a killer satellite radio. The Flex 5000 with V/U option or transverters also is a killer satellite radio .

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.