SmartSDR 1.8.3.167 transmits on the wrong frequency if adjusted while transmitting.

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Acknowledged
When using SmartSDR 1.8.3.167 on my Flex 6500 in LSB or USB, if any adjustement is made to the transmit frequency, the transmitter will jump to the indicated frequency + or - the CW offset. All future transmissions will be on a frequency offset from the indicated receive frequency by the CW offset. The receiver will continue to receive on the indicated frequency while each transmission will be on the offset frequency.

I will include a screen shot showing this error while transmitting. This will continue until the frequency is adjusted while in receive mode, at which point the transmitter will shift back to the indicated frequency.
Photo of ai6re

ai6re

• 97 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
  • concerned

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of W0DHB

W0DHB

• 44 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
Official Response
This is a known issue.
The problem happens when you are in TUN and you change frequency.
If you are in TX via MOX button and change frequency this doesn't occur.

This was discovered when using the 6500 (as well as 6300 and 6700) for satellite operations .
We were able to put a work around in our satellite software to correct for this.

If you're not using CW, set your CW Pitch to 100 (lowest setting) which will minimize the issue.

Submit a help desk ticket for it, it helps Flex to know how many folks are effected by i.

Dave W0DHB