1. Could you please post a screenshot of your SmartCAT and HRD CAT settings?
2. What version of HRD are you using?
3. Are you using the HRD main program, or MiniDeluxe?
4. What other programs use your CAT port?
5. What Windows version are you using?
Regards, Alex DH2ID (Beta tester for HRD 6)
Using lastest HRD 220.127.116.117 (main program). No other programs with cat support. Using com 4 for connect and com 5 for ptt in DM780. Virtual port com 5-15. Windows 8.1. HRD will open but no tracking of Flex. DM780 will not connect to HRD, but will lock up. DM780 will show and receive text via PSK-31 via DAX. But will not transmit thru the Flex via DAX channel 1.
I was never a big fan of HRD and wish I hadn't payed for it. In the end I just decided I was not interested enough to continue to hassle with it. I have since switched to Log4OM, Omnirig and Fldigi. So far, no issues.
Loaded DDutil and used it with DM780 and works fine. Also, got the HRD Logbook working after downloading the MySQL and related database. Funning thing after the changes to DM780, the HRD radio control interface started to work with Flexradio/SmartSDR selection without resorting to the Kenwood interface. Software is very strange.