Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Smartlink stopped working today

K2KXK
K2KXK Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Have been using Smartlink every day since I got my 6300 about a month ago. Stopped working this morning. Thought it might be a temporary issue so I left it alone until tonight. Still no joy. On 2 local win 10 machines, the Smartlink test fails (red). On my 2 iOS devices, the Smartlink radio is in the selection list but won’t connect - keeps returning to the “Tap here to connect” screen. Tried unregistering and reregistering the radio but didn’t help although the procedure seemed to have completed successful. Checked my public IP and it hasn’t changed. What do I do next? Thanks.

Comments

• NA0B
    NA0B Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Ken, have you tried a cold reboot of your 6300? Turn it off and unplugged it from the power supply for a few minutes before restarting the radio.

• K2KXK
    K2KXK Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Just sent tried that based on your suggestion but didn’t help. Thanks.
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2019
    Ken,

Did the IP address of the radio change on your network?  

I would also log into your router and review the uPNP values and see if the ports that SmartSDR thinks you are using are the ones that match in SmartSDR.  Also confirm that those ports are forwarded to the IP address of the radio and make sure they match.

Mike
  • K2KXK
    K2KXK Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Hi Mike. Thanks for the reply. I think the ip of theradio May have changed. How do I fix it? I can give it a static IP address to prevent this problemin the future. Also, how do I know if the upnp ports are correct? At the moment they are forwarded to the radios former ip. How do I fix this mess? Thanks again.
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    You should do a DHCP reservation in rhe router for the radio. Just set the reservation to the old IP and reboot the radio. Then no changes will be needed to port forwarding. Dave wo2x
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited June 2020
    Hi Ken

There are many ways to solve this.  One I use is to log into the router and look for some uPNP settings and sometimes you see one that says to delete all previous reservations on reboot, or something like that.  Then, when you reboot the router those ports are deleted and new forwarding rules are created to the new IP address of the radio.

The other is to do what Dave says and do a hard coded reservation in the router.  This means the radio always gets the same IP address when booted.  Then, do a hard coded port forward.  Hard coding means you look for the NAT section of your router and create a port forward rules (you need 2) to point to the actual radio.  It sounds more complicated that it is and you won't bream anything trying.  :)  You can always delete the rules if it doesn't work.

Mike

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited July 2018
    Since his SmartLink has worked with the previous IP it is probably easier to do the DHCP reservation with the old IP. He will need the MAC address of the radio which he can get by starting SmartSDR and going to Radio Aettings/Network The router is already set for port forwarding to the old IP. Dave wo2x
  • K2KXK
    K2KXK Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Thank you all so much for the quick responses.  I took Dave's suggestion along with Mike;s input and all is working.  I did have to reboot the router (Netgear) not just the radio to get it all synced up.  Not one to leave well enough alone, I'd like to move the ip of the radio to a higher range where I have my other reservations and static IPs.  If I do that, how will I get the uPnP rules to follow?  I don't think I can edit them on my router but I can delete them.  How would I recreate them?  Or should I put in manual port forwarding?  Thanks again to all who responded.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.