Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Smartlink on Carrier data networks

Options
Jim Gilliam
Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
edited October 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I have found that I cannot use Smartlink on my iPhone using Version LTE. When I try to discover the radio nothing happens. When I switch to a WiFi network the Flex 6500 is easily discoverable. If I connect to my remote site using L2TP VPN I immediately see the radio and can connect, which would be expected. Is it a known issue that one, as yet, cannot use carrier networks but only WiFi?

Comments

• Jay Spaulding
    Jay Spaulding Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Try to put your radios IP address in there. In the settings put it on Fixed. and see if it works. 
  • artimus
    artimus Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Have you activated Smartlink in settings in SmartSDR on your Iphone?  I am using Verizon LTE with my Jetpack and it works great. My radio is a 6500.  I have also connected via Smartlink over Verizon using my Ipad or my IPhone 7.

You also may want to be sure you are not accessing your local LAN on wifi versus using Verizon.  If your local LAN is connected via WIFI,  SmartSDR uses it instead of Smartlink.
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Everything works perfectly remotely using WiFi. I disable my WiFi and enable the data network on my iPhone and works as described above. I am glad it works for you. I must be doing something wrong but just can't see it. Thank you very much for your response, Atimus.
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options

Got working! **** me, I didn't register my iPhone for Smartlink. thank you so much for your help. This is a great group to be part of!

Jim, K6QE

• Mike NN9DD
    Mike NN9DD Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Options
    It seems AT&T network is slower then Verizon. More stuttering on AT&T using IPad sitting on runway waiting for clearance from weather. Seems likes working Mike N9DFD

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.