Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Smartlink Login

2»

Comments

• Eric W1NEJ
    Eric W1NEJ Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Agree Flex knows much more than we do about everything, but it would be interesting to know why we cannot log directly in to our V2 radios.  I have a Synology server that I can log into directly, or use a Synology web site to gain access to the server that appears to be similar to the Auth0 product.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    You could set up a VPN to remote. Smartlink has been very good for the longest time, they have an issue with it at this time.
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Bill you just need to remember that knowing what makes it tick is the original ham spirit that made current radio what it is.

Now I realize that the majority of hams these days have turned into appliance operators and just want to flip the switch and don't care how it works,  but I for one am an old ham and will stick to my roots :)

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Steve, you not bashing, you are simply mentioning some of the things that they are working on. No different then any other high tech company. This next release will be a big one with all the fixes they need to do mostly on the new products. I wonder what the new features are that are coming? 
    I still don't understand the disconnect thing, it does not effect everyone, I have never had a disconnect here, ever.
  • Mike Webb KC0YHM
    Mike Webb KC0YHM Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    VPN...the term keeps popping up on me...perhaps I need to know more than what the letters 'stand for'. Would a VPN solve this issue?
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Virtual private network. But all the configuration and maintenance is on you.  It works but not nearly as elegant as Smart link.

I would not recommend it for the average user.

RIch
  • Mike Webb KC0YHM
    edited March 2018
    That makes sense...if you advertise easy setup...it needs to be dang near plug n play.
  • Jay - AJ6AZ
    Jay - AJ6AZ Member
    edited March 2018
    Eric - I’ve got my first Flex on order and also have a Synology and was wondering if you use the two together in anyway. Thanks
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    VPN does take some time to setup but in most cases it is free.  My VPN seems to work better than the Smart Link connection.
  • Eric W1NEJ
    Eric W1NEJ Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    No, never have thought about how I could use my Synology server with the Flex.  Any ideas?  BTW, been a Flex user for a long time, 5000, 6300, now 6600.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    On another post, Mike said they are having a SmartLink authentication issue. This is a software issue, so they are digging into it.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

Plan B is available.. its called VPN - Virtual Private Network (VPN)..  If you search this forum for SoftEther you will find several excellent tutorials on how to set it up for free.  It is not that difficult for many people but if you are even slightly computer challenged then its a PIA.

I use both SmartLink and VPN.  For SSB SmartLink and SmartSDR-iOS are just so much easier to use.  For digital, I use VPN because SmartLink cant pass DAX yet.

The current Login issue is due to the fact that the Auth0 authentication server pushed out a change to their login API over the weekend to make it more secure.  Unfortunately the change broke a lot of systems that use it to verify users including Flex. It would seem that Auth0 did not test their login change wide enough.

Flex is currently testing a fix to SSDR that will correct the Auth0 login change.  Like every beta software, it needs to go through thorough testing to make sure the fix does not break anything else. 

Unfortunately it takes time to run all the tests so patience rather than spitting vitriol is a virtue as you do not want the fix to break your radio  Expect that the fix will be out this week IF TESTING GOES OK. 

• Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Best info yet. Thanks Howard.

• Mike Webb KC0YHM
    edited March 2018
    OK Howard...thanks...didnt notice much / any vitriol [cruel and bitter criticism]...perception eh? I appreciate the tip regarding softether
  • Jim  KJ7S
    Jim KJ7S Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Finally, a reasonable and informed comment with no vitriol... if all responses were a little more down to earth and a lot less "blame anyone but me", the forums would be more help and take up less bandwidth, and a lot more would be learned.. Tnx Howard. Like everyone else, I have issues that sometimes make me take a step back, until either a fix is created, or I get another cog in place to fix it myself, which takes a bit more reading, mind picking, etc. I found some time ago that it does little or no good to "throw things around the house" until something else breaks or something is fixed. Todays nickel.  Thanks to everyone for bringing all the good help and accolades to the Flex Crew who have been forced in to some extremely big shoes and growing fast to get those shoes to fit well for everyone!. 
  • Jay - AJ6AZ
    Jay - AJ6AZ Member
    edited March 2018
    Not at the moment
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018

I guess the testing we did last nite worked OK for everyone of the beta testers

They just released the Fix V2.1.33  

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.