Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartLink keeps dropping the remote internet connection

DV
DV Member ✭✭
Last night, when transmitting remotely, using the Flex Radio Maestro and Smartlink, the internet the dropped 'momentarily' some five times.  This causes the Maestro screen to go blank except for the headings and the power indication.  In order to get the Maestro back on the air, the process requires a full restart by turning it completely off using its power switch and then remotely turning off the 6700 at the main shack and then turning the power supply. Then, I remotely turn the power back on and then turn on the 6700 and then turn on the Maestro and wait until it boots up and loads its software, (usually a 4-5 minute process).  The Maestro will see the radio and then I can transmit or receive again until the next time the internet drops. When this happens I have to repeat the process,  nevertheless it gets very irritating. (I wish that Flex engineers could find a quicker way of reestablishing remote contact.) I have AT&T's new 375 Mbit fiber to my remote Maestro location and the momentary loss of  the internet is something I am working on with them, however the dropouts could be anywhere along the internet path. I do not know who to blame for that. I would like to ask if any of you are having this issue using the SmartLink server and if you have any words of wisdom you can share. 

Comments

• JohnSweeney
    JohnSweeney Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I am operating my station remotely and my Maestro has been connected for 10 hours without any issues
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019

Try turning off the radio, remove the power supply, and reconnect.
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    The Smartlink server is used to establish the connection, once made it is out of the picture.
  • bahillen
    bahillen Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Fill out a help desk ticket. They are the best to help analyze your specific situation.
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019

What does that have to do with the radio losing connection?
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    It's always a good idea to not only remotely turn off the radio, but also, the ability to remotely turn its power supply on and off. I ran into this same problem and was able to cure it by cycling the power supply on and off after turning off the radio.
  • Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    The title of the thread?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.