Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SMARTLINK IOS

mdjdmi
mdjdmi Member
edited March 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Is there a tutorial or instructions available as to how to use SMartlink with remote SmartSDR IOS on my ipad? How to I let my ipad search for my radio that is at home?

Thanks de Arnie W8DU

Answers

• Richard Adkins
    Richard Adkins Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I don't know about a tutorial as such but, I had the very same question a day or two ago and I was lucky enough to figure it out. It was quite simple. I had initially ran the remote software on my iOS device right after downloading it and used the demo slice that it provided. After setting up (logging in) SmartLink on my PC (or Mac) I tried to log into my radio from outside my personal residence and it looked and looked with no success.  The solution was, merely logging OUT of SmartLink on my iPad then logging back in and wallah, it connected.  You might try logging out and back in to see if that is all that is required.  Best of luck and 73's.  Rick - K5RHA
  • mdjdmi
    mdjdmi Member
    edited March 2019
    Does this mean that my home computer has to be on and logged into Smartlink  in order to be able to use the radio remotely on my iPad?
  • Greg N8GD
    Greg N8GD Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    No, but if your computer is on, make sure it is not connected to your radio.  Don't connect to SmartLink with your PC.  You can then connect to your radio via SmartLink outside your home (but doing so from within your LAN is pointless since the best connection is over your local network).

As for having to disconnect then reconnect to SmartLink as RIchard mentioned above, this must be common, since I also experience that with my iPad.  If it doesn't display the connection list fairly quickly, cancel and try again!
  • Robert Rawson
    Robert Rawson Member
    edited June 2018
    I too had similar issues but mine was surrounding the router. My flex is now plugged into the router and at home I see the remote IP and the local IP (WAN and LAN). As soon as I leave home network. I only see the remote WAN zip and connect to it. There is a manual link in IOS SoftwRe at bottom of setting list Robert M0RCX Manchester UK

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.