Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Smartlink, How to change login account?

Adde Tjernberg
Adde Tjernberg Member ✭✭
edited January 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
When signing up for the SmartLink account I choosed to use my Google credentials. If I want to change this to Facebook, or the third "manual" option... Is this possible or am I stuck to use Google forever? 

73's from the cold north... Adde / SM0SHG

Answers

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017

That is an excellent question! I have been scratching my head over the same thing. For security reasons, I might want to change my e-mail address as well as password. The reason is I might give out this information for other users and regret it. It would be nice if individual assignments could be made for each user which could be changed only by the owner.

Jim, K6QE

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    1. unregister the radio 2. Logout of SmartLink 3. Login to SmartLink with New Credentials you create 4. Reregister the radio
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017

Thanks for the info. Now it becomes obvious why one has to be physically present to hit the PTT. It prevents a remote user with privileged information from "stealing" the radio. However, it would be nice to have an assigned users list.

Jim, K6QE

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    @Jim. There is a Security mechanism. They need to be physically able to hit PTT to unregister and reregister the radio.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited August 2017
    Correct
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited August 2017
    This should be also stated even though this is implied.  

There are three different types of accounts you can use for SmartLink; Google, Facebook and your email (Auth0).  These are separate and independent accounts.  Meaning if you log in and register your radio with the Facebook account and then log in to a SmartSDR SmartLink client with your Google credentials, you will not have access to your radio because it is not registered with that account.  And a radio can be only be registered to one account (but an account can have multiple radios registered with it).

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.