Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Smartlink & Flex6300 problem.

Hi guys ! I have update the last V2.017 firmware on my flex6300 but I have the problem with the port TCP & UDP on Smartlink connection .
I enable the UPnP on my router but the test is KO , also I enable the forwarding ports but the test is KO .
This is the firmware problem on Flex6300 or ISP problem ??

TNX de IK6QOO Gianluca

Answers

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017

Did you register your radio with Smartlink? That is the procedure where you have to key your radio locally to be recognized as a valid ownerr.

Jim, K6QE

• Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Gianluca

It is not very clear what problem  you are experiencing.    Can you post a screen picture of the problem you are seeing?   I am not sure what KO means.  

You might want to try rebooting your radio as well and see if you have the same problem as that will ensure that uPNP registers with your firewall.

However, to answer your question, no, there is not a firmware problem.  I am unsure about your ISP.

73, Mike va3mw

• Ken Hansen
    Ken Hansen Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Gianluca - Something I discovered with my SmartLink setup was that once I made a change on the network settings panel (choose auto or manual port forwarding), I need to 'Save' my change before I could test it. Also, I was baffled by why there were '-1's in the two port fields, it wasn't obvious to me that I needed to pick two unique external ports to forward to the radio. Once I set the network config to 'manual' port forwarding, set the two ports to be the same internal and external (4993 & 4994), and established a port forwarding rule in my firewall directing those two ports to my Flex 6300's IP address, I got the green light. Hope this helps, Ken, N2VIP
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited August 2017
    The "-1" indicates the radio does not have any values for the TCP and UDP ports.
  • Gianluca Ianni
    edited August 2017
    Thank you all !!
    My flex 6300 is registered on smartlink , the KO is the red when i send the test  , in manual mode i replaced the -1 value with 4994 & 4993 ports and i redirect this port on router ports forwarding.
    Other port forwarding services work well .
    My doubt  is a firmware bug of 6300 or ISP problem ??
  • Ken Hansen
    Ken Hansen Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Gianluca, I'm confused, you are properly routing each port with the proper message traffic (TCP & UDP), and still having problems? Please clarify, and also please explain how your radio is connected to the internet - I suspect you are set up as: ISP -> modem/router -> network switch -> flex Correct?
  • Gianluca Ianni
    edited August 2017
    my setup is :
     ISP>modem/router>flex6300  

I redirect the 4994tcp to 4994/IP_Flex6300 and 4993upd to 4993/IP_Flex6300    but the test is RED

also i enable the UPnP on mt router and i set to automatic but the test is RED .

I suspected the problem is my ISP .

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.