Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartLink control of remote 6700 from front panel of 6600M

Geoff_W8GNM
Geoff_W8GNM Member ✭✭
edited March 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
My friend K8CJY and I tried several different configurations of SmartLink remote radio control.
He was able to successfully login to my 6600M radio and control it  from a remote stand alone Maestro control surface.   When he disconnected and I reconnected to my 6600M radio, I was unable to get any audio from the internal speaker, external powered speakers or headphones until I rebooted the radio.   I had already check all the audio settings for the 6600M and reloaded my profiles without success before I rebooted the radio and front panel.  The audio worked normally after the reboot.

I was NOT able to login to his 6700 radio and control it from my 6600E front panel. I was able to login to his 6700 and control it from an instance of SmartSDR running on my Win10 PC.   Is the front panel of the 6600E supposed to have the same SmartLink remote control capabilities as a stand alone Maestro control panel?

We had gone through the login process of setting up guest accounts and successfully registered both radios to both accounts on the SmartLink server.

Answers

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    The 6600 Front Panel is NOT a Maestro so it cannot currently control your 6700
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018

My understanding is the 6600M Front Panel to 6600M Main Radio is configured in a private network type arrangement.

There was some FRS discussion in another Community Thread on the topic. (I think Tim posted it.)

Steve K9ZW

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.