Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartDSR and WSJT-X

Options
James Kennedy-WU5E
James Kennedy-WU5E Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
anyone get it working yet? I can get it to copy the signal just find but transmit is eluding me. Any constructive advice will be accepted

Answers

• Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Options
    James, Works fine here. Look at my config screen to see if this helps. I'm using DXLabs commander for the keying. Seamless. Mack W4AX
  • James Kennedy-WU5E
    edited June 2020
    Options
    trying to find the link to download it,
  • Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Options
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    It's working here too. Make sure that DAX is activated and running otherwise you be dead in the water. Also, while you are in WSJT configuration; Test the :Test CAT and the PTT control." They take a few seconds to see the results of their activities. See you on the waterfall.
  • James Kennedy-WU5E
    edited June 2020
    Options
    thanks got it downloaded
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    What else beside WSJT are you using that may need to be running? In my case I run HRD v6 to control everything.
  • James Kennedy-WU5E
    edited December 2016
    Options
    WELL I'm a DX'er and trying to get to the Holy Gail of 300 countries,right now sitting at 265. well I'm working on getting HRD setup and running. The SmartCat software works with my logging software by N3FJP
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Happy New Year! Lots of folks seem to have trouble with HRD. Big fan of Commander, here, too. Things to ensure - 1) If your Commander is providing PTT, do NOT set up a COM port for PTT. 2) In Windows Device Manager (in Control Panel) - make sure there are no "hidden" ports or devices, COM or Audio. If they're there, get rid of them and re-boot before going further. 3) In DAX, make sure the TX button is highlighted for the same DAX connection you are using in your digital slice, and that DAX is chosen in the Transmit panel (Not MIC, BAL, ACC, etc). 4) Make sure your version of WSJT-X is up to date (1.2.1 r3590). 5) Mack's screenshot from WSJT-X is perfect. You may wish to have a value for "Polling Interval" set later, but that's not a biggie now. 6) Your SmartCAT port pair should be the one referenced in your Commander config. 7) Start with just the basics; load only one thing at a time and work towards getting each step clear. I know it sounds obvious, but I've more than once been bitten by little things that load in the background and mess with what I'm trying to do. Good luck! Happy to work with you on-line/on-air/on-phone if you like. 73 Geo
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I have WSJT-X running perfectly without DDUtil, Commander, or HRD. I am just running it directly, after correctly setting up the audio/DAX channels and PTT port. I have already worked several DX stations on 40, 20 & 10 meters. Having fun with my new, new 6500. (Twice new, because of the new software release!)
  • N4AB
    N4AB Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Just using the 6700, Win 8.1, WSJT-x 1.2.1 r3590, and DAX on a HP laptop. Works great except for a slight stability problem. Al, N4AB
  • DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Ken What did you specify for the rig. Are you using DirectX or something else? I enabled the CAT, however, it fails when I test it. Did you also create a PTT port to key WSJT? Don
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    James, I have HRD working. All the software programs work and I do not need to use DDUtil: I use Smart CAT. I'm also chasing DXCC on JT65 and I have 115 worked but only 70 confirm. I refused to pay $$ to get QSL confirm: If they are not using LoTW or bureau I guess I just have to wait for the next DX expedition. I don't use a California kilowatt either. I run 50 Watts or less with a nice assortment of antennas. I can help; or send the setup pictures if you need them. There are some missing features missing on HRD; the mode and auto frequency logbook logging that used to work in versions 5. HRD said that, that feature never worked before! And it needs WSJT-X, installed separately since it is not part of HRD.
  • Michael N6BRP
    Michael N6BRP Member
    edited January 2014
    Options
    picking "Kenwood" ias the rig in WSJT-X enables the correct CAT commands for PTT
  • Michael N6BRP
    Michael N6BRP Member
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I use the Kenwood TS-590S choice in the rig dropdown
  • James Kennedy-WU5E
    edited December 2016
    Options
    stop all , it's working now ,I had to back to pervious software for that wsjt-x, thanks all

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.