Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartControl is not available

Stan VA7NF
Stan VA7NF Member ✭✭✭
Just installed 3.1.7 to test the SmartControl feature.  Read the release notes, watched the video, installed 3.1.7 twice, hard power down, and experimented with connects and disconnects.
Maestro 'A' early version, 6700 even earlier version, V3 licensed, 1GB hard wired network.
On Maestro, Radio Select, the SmartConnect button does not appear but SmartLink button does.  Do I need to unregister from the server?

Likely my problem, but what did I miss?

Answers

• W9WLX_Chuck
    W9WLX_Chuck Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I'm finding the same thing.  Looking at the user guide, it only describes use with the M model.  Is the feature even available to the non-M owners?  It would be a pity if they left us non-M owners behind.  I've been using this feature by running FRStack by syncing slices and was looking forward to run it more seamlessly and with more than one slice.

OK--I posted too soon!  After power cycling the Maestro, the option was there.
  • Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Stan, Do you have it working yet? Did you DC power cycle your maestro? Are you starting smart SDR on your computer prior to enabling smart control on your maestro? I have been using smart control as My primary mode of operation for several months without an issue. We will get it working out on your system. 73, Mack W4AX Alpha Team
  • Gary NC3Z
    Gary NC3Z Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Check what Firmware the update put into your M (from the Info screen). For some reason when I updated to 3.1.7 the update kept pushing 2.6.0 Firmware to my M and had the same issue. Waited a bit and tried an update again and it finally sent the 3.1.7 firmware.

Not Software version, but Firmware/hardware, do not confuse the 2.
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    You need a Maestro for that feature to show up.
  • Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Installed 3.1.7 on 6600, updated Maestro.
    Maestro lives it's own life.
    I cannot find how to enable Maestro control on SSDR.
    Anyone?
    Sergey, KN7K
  • Gary NC3Z
    Gary NC3Z Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    On Maestro go to Menu >  Radio > Switch Version > SmartControl

• Stan VA7NF
    Stan VA7NF Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Thanks Gary but nope.
    Menu>Radio only shows Switch Radio.  Where should "SmartControl" show on the menu?

Going there gives me the Select Radio with Info / Connect / SmartLink Setup
    and Connect is the old entry that directly connects to the radio.

Mack. Yes did a Maestro shut down and reboot

Radio and Maestro on 3.1.7.  Even went back one version and re-installed.
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited September 2019
    Stan,

Once you have installed v3.1.7, you need to connect once to the radio.  Once that is done, you should be able to use the Switch Radio button as others have mentioned.  This should take you back to the Radio/Version selection.  The SmartControl option should then be present.

Note that SmartControl is only available for radios that are running v3.1.7+ and the button will not show up until v3.1.7 has been installed on the Maestro/M model and run once.
  • Stan VA7NF
    Stan VA7NF Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Eric,
    Maestro SW Version 3.1.7.69
    6700 HW Version  V3.1.7.138
    6700 DC power removed 10 seconds, power restored, Start, wait for boot up
    Select 3.1.7 and press SmartControl

I don't remember if I saw that SmartControl button there - That likely was my problem.  

Thanks to all
  • Georg Isenbürger
    Georg Isenbürger Member
    edited September 2019
    SmartControl works fine with my 6600M. A long awaited feature. Only the implementation is a bit weird. Why waste so much real estate on the Maestro/M-Model Screen? It could be populated with touch switches without having to go through the menu. Maybe even user configurable. Something for future releases?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.