Smartcat won't load

• Problem
  • Updated 1 month ago
SmartCAT v2.4.9 won't load. I have uninstalled and reinstalled SmartSDR v2.4.9 numerous times. I have eliminated all other virtual serial port driver from my system. I'm pretty sure they are all gone and the drivers are cleaned up and removed. There are no ghosted serial ports on my system. I even went into the UEFI and uninstalled my real hardware serial port (COM1).

When I try to run the REPAIR option on the FlexVSP installer, it says it is only for installed programs.

SmartSDR seems to be working fine.
Photo of Mark Erbaugh

Mark Erbaugh

• 399 Posts
  • 36 Reply Likes

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Mark Erbaugh

Mark Erbaugh

• 399 Posts
  • 36 Reply Likes
An update:

I installed the exact same download file on another PC. It went off without a hitch and worked. During the installation, I noticed a popup about configuring FlexVSP, which I did not see in all my installs on the original computer.

In the Program Files\Flex Radio Systems\FlexVSP there is an installer. I ran that and now SmartCAT seems to work. Somehow the main installer was skipping that, even though it installed an Icon for SmartCAT on my desktop.

Photo of Steven Linley

Steven Linley

• 292 Posts
  • 42 Reply Likes
Yes, I had that problem with the first Win10 1809 update. Tim helped me with it but I am still using v 2.3.9
The latest update seems to be working.