Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Smart SDR / Smart CAT / Bob Meter Not working

Kev
Kev Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I try I try and I try but I still can't get my Bob Meter to work :( Why is it so hard? Bob meet v1; SMART CAT v1.1.7; SMART SDR v1.0.5 I've tried different Port address, did I miss something out? Any advice would be great:)

Comments

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    me too
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Type this on this forum: The S-meter for SmartSDR is available This will take you to what I wrote several weeks back on how to install the meter. 73
  • Bob Burnett
    Bob Burnett Member ✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Me three. Same versions as Kevin listed. Same results. No work. I've tried every conceivable combination of installs, uninstalls, boots, reboots on CAT and SmartSDR. So far up to four different pc' s (3 desktops, 1 laptop) running Win7 64 bit (2), Win7 32 bit, and Vista. Same non results on all. CAT does connect and work fine with ACLog logging program. CAT shows OK when connecting to Meter. Tried many different port numbers, no luck. Take connection to ACLog out of the picture and still no Meter. One thing in common is the constant error messages loading in the CAT log. State Manager continually logging errors- until Meter is closed. If I left it alone it would probably fill the HD. I see many many folks having success but not here. Meter is not mission critical so I pushed it aside and forgot about it.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I have had mine get "confused" a couple of times, usually when moving back and forth from running DDUtil to interface some programs, and turning DDUtil off and running without it. The serial ports get confused and I need to reboot and restart the ports. Sometimes it only took turning SMartSDR CAT off and restarting it. Once it took rebooting the computer to get the serial ports to reset so that I could pick one for BobSmeter to use. BTW.. I have found that if I am not using DDUtil, then BobSMeter must be connected to one of the "Dedicated" ports, and not a "Shared" one.
  • Kev
    Kev Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Hi Ernest, did that first and followed your instructions. Alas no joy; Look for the following S meter "BobSmeter-Flex" and download it (remember where you put it or downloaded to the desktop) - DID THAT OK After downloading it - unzipped the file BobSmeter-Flex_v1 DID THAT OK Open SmartCAT and set a pair of com/port i.e, 5-15 DID THAT OK DEDICATED (also tried numerous other Ports NO JOY) Look for BobS-meter file and run it DID THAT OK The meter comes up - set the meter port to 5 every thing else should work. DID THAT NOTHING WORKS Make sure you check for handshake between the meter and SmartSDR CAT. CHECKING PORT MAP IT STATES COM 5 SMART S-METER COM 15 UNKNOWN I DONT KNOW IF THE IS RELEVENT BUT MAIN SCREEN CONNECT 3RD PARTY PROGRAM TO COM 6, THERE ARE NO OTHER OPTIONS? I DONT KNOW IF THIS IS CORRECT
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Set a couple of additional Dedicated ports through SmartCAT and try them.
  • Kev
    Kev Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    have done that as well Ken, thanks but it didn't work:( Its a pitty, its a good looking meter, maybe Flex may add an analogue meter sometime in the distant future?
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    i've had the same results. dudley put in a ticket for the problem. i have not a thing in over a month. i blamed it on a bad ssdrcat system.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I would suggest this.... Open SDR CAT and delete all of your ports. close CAT & Reboot system. open SDR CAT and establish 3 new dedicated ports, (example, 6/16, 7/17, 8/18 as PTT) establish 3 or 4 shared ports, (9/19, 10/20, 11/21). Open SmartSDR Open BobSMeter configure the Smeter for port 8 (or 18) if it needs to be. Try and see if that gets it running. Also.... Are you using DDUtil? If so, try this procedure WITHOUT having DDUtil open. Get the meter running, then add the DDUtil afterwards if you need it. You might then need to assign the smeter to a port number in DDUtil instead of using a direct port.
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I got mine working with the previous instructions provided. I think what may be confusing is that SmartCAT ports should be dedicated. Plus, after opening the meter you may not have notice that you have to enter in to the meter setup. While you are there click to check for handshake between the radio and the BobSmeter; if it does not give you the OK switch the numbers around and try again for a handshake. Make sure your port 5-15 is not in use or setup for something else. The meter does not pop up in the desktop. You have to look for the meter in all programs and click on it. It then becomes visible on the desktop; where you can move to a more desirable place.
  • Kev
    Kev Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    A quick update; Installed the latest software and CAT today. Configured one dedicated port. It Worked first time! Thanks everybody for your assistance Best Kev W0UZJ / G0UZJ
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Same Here New SMARTCAT V1.2.2.0 Fixed the Problem NOW - IF some could just make it DIGITAL rather than Analog I really would be happy...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.