Smart SDR ver. 1.6 with HRD DM780 and WSJT-X

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
The upgrade to SmartSDR ver. 1.6.17 went smoothly.  I am using Windows 7.

However, after the upgrade, I have not been able to get WSJT-X to function.  With DAX control panel RX set to channel two, Slice A, it is streaming, but the audio signal does not show on the WSJT-X screen.  When JT65 is keyed to transmit, MOX is activated, but no signal is streamed to the DAX TX Stream control panel, although the TX indicator is blue and MOX is blue, and there is no power out on the Flex 6700.  When you cancel transmit on the WSJT-X screen, MOX on the Flex 6700 is deactivated.  If you try to use the settings menu on WSJT-X,  the program immediately becomes unresponsive and you cannot close it except by using Windows Start Task Manager.  I uninstalled and reinstalled  SmartSDR ver 1.6.17 and WSJT-X,  but that did not help.

Basically I am unable to receive or transmit with WSJT-X.

When using HRD and DM780 with PSK31, keying DM780 activates the MOX on the Flex 6700 and it puts out the appropriate signal.  On going back to receive mode with DM780,  the DAX TX streaming stops and power output drops to zero, but the Flex 6700 MOX remains keyed, and the MOX indicator remains blue.  You have to manually click on it to deactivate MOX to return to receive.   DM780 otherwise decodes and transmits PSK31 appropriately.  The only issue seems to be with PTT (MOX) function.

I am currently not running DM780 and WSJT-X simultaneously.

Just wondering if anyone else has had these problems with WSJT-X and HRD with DM780 with SmartSDR ver 1.6.17 ?

I also have Fldigi installed and it works fine, but I prefer HRD with DM780.

Any  constructive suggestions or advice will be appreciated. It is probably something incredibly simple or stupid that I am overlooking.

73 and Thanks
Jim  WA9ABB
Photo of Jim WA9ABB

Jim WA9ABB

• 18 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Alex - DH2ID

Alex - DH2ID, Elmer

• 878 Posts
  • 157 Reply Likes
Official Response
SSDR 1.6 with MiniDeluxe as a HRD server, WSJT-X 1.7.0 devel and DM780 run smoothly here. I do not advise to use the HRD rig control program.
Have a look at my tutorial https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/tutorial-setting-up-wsjt-x-with-smartsdr
(Edited)