Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Smart SDR iOS v1.2 Restore logbook across devices.

Andy M5ZAP
Andy M5ZAP Member
edited February 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

Hi

I updated to the new SmartSDR iOS v1.2 and purchased the logbook with the in app purchase. I then tried to get the logbook  to unlock and be available on another iOS device (using same apple account), I tried restoring the logbook purchase as is normally required and it just says "Restore failed"

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but no luck.

The other in app purchases (Dx cluster etc) worked fine across other devices.

Anybody else having the same problem?

Regards Andy M5ZAP

Answers

• ThisUserDoesNotExist
    ThisUserDoesNotExist Company Adviser ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Hi Andy,

it is important that you are using one and the same Apple ID on both (or any other) Devices.

Please note: Apple hasn't yet enabled Family Sharing for In-App Purchases.

if you are using the same Apple ID on the other Device, normally the "Restore" feature should restore the purchase on the other device if your other device already knows that you have purchased this Item already. This is the case when the other devices synchronizes via iCloud.

If that's not the case or if you get an error when using the "Restore" button, please use the "Buy" button. You may need to enter your Apple ID Password or Fingerprint but then, you should see the message telling you that you already purchased that item and the question if you like to download it again for free.

Please keep us updated if this works for you or if you have further questions.

vy 73,
    Marcus, DL8MRE

• Andy M5ZAP
    Andy M5ZAP Member
    edited February 2020

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for the quick response, as the original post says the second device is on the same apple id and the bandplan and Dxcluster both restored fine on that device.

Going to buy the item again worked as you said and the message appeared saying that "already purchased would you like to install for free" and the logbook is now unlocked.

I have to say it is a fantastic app and the new functionality is great..... Any chance of having the apple keyboard for the Ipad pro control the tuning with the arrow keys??

The app is excellent on the large screen iPad Pro and on my iphone plus.

Many thanks

Andy M5ZAP

• K1VL
    K1VL Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I also had a similar issue after upgrading to Smart SDR iOS v1.2. I could not restore any of the features I had previously purchased and received the "Restore failed" error message. After some experimentation I was able to easily "Restore" my purchases after logging out and then back into iTunes & App Stores under Settings on the device.

Carmine, W1EQX

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.