Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

smart sdr 2.1.30

I see there is a new smart sdr version.

- is the currupted DAX problem solved?
- is it already possible to use DAX for remote digital operation?
- is the antenna genius software already added?

Answers

• mlstutler
    mlstutler Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I just upgraded to 2.1.30.   I uninstalled all previous SmartSDR versions.  Took about 5 minutes for the entire process.  No glitches that I saw.   Have to wait on 6400 before I get to test drive it.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited January 2018
    - is the currupted DAX problem solved?
    Not sure what you mean about this.  If you are talking about Windows updates corrupting DAX drivers, no, I do not think Windows has fixed that.  If you are referring to audio corruption that happens on some PCs, that issue is still pending.

- is it already possible to use DAX for remote digital operation?
    No.  That is not supported in SmartSDR v2.1.30

- is the antenna genius software already added?
    We have never indicated that we will integrate Antenna Genius features into SmartSDR.  This is currently not a planned feature.
  • John - K3MA
    John - K3MA Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I do not know the answers to your questions but if the corrupted DAX problem is still evident you should consider writing a batch file to shutdown and restart DAX and have it run on some regular schedule.  Since I did that I have had NO DAX corruption events.
    I know we should not have to do it but it seems to be the only thing that you can do in a timely manner to stop the corruption events.

Here is the batch file statement I was using prior to this update if that helps.

taskkill /f /im DAX.exe

timeout 2

start "" /d "C:Program FilesFlexRadio SystemsSmartSDR v2.0.17DAX" /b DAX.exe
  • Ian1
    Ian1 Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I can second tthis my DAX corruption has been fixed by what John suggests.
  • NM1W
    NM1W Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    how often are you restarting dax?
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    John, how often are you doing this?

My biggest issue is my IQ1 channel is flaky. Restarting does not always help.

I have did a clean install and no luck. Hoping new radio and V2 will help that.
  • John - K3MA
    John - K3MA Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I do it once per day.  I set it up to run in the Windows scheduler.  I found that once per day fixed the issue for me.
  • Geert Balsma PA3CPS
    edited January 2018
    what i mean with the corruption is (i think) the audio problem.
    When it occurs i see faded out signals on the waterfall from wsjt-x.

I have to restart DAX two times a week.
  • Ian1
    Ian1 Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    If i load DAX and Cat myself sometimes i can make an entire day with no corruptions. Ian
  • Frederic HB9CQK
    Frederic HB9CQK Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I also use a batch file to **** and restart DAX. If I run my 6700 daily the problem comes up approx. every second or third day. Of course it only happens when it is least convenient. This problem has been around for years. I was hoping for 2.1, but NO!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.