Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Smart SDR 1.5 & 6300 TX locking on 7Mhz

Oxford English
Oxford English Member ✭✭
Downloaded and installed SSDR 1.5. Updated the 6300 and everything appears to be fine until I go to 7Mhz. I use an external tuner - LDG AT100Pro ll and when I try to tune, both the TUNE & MOX button light up and the radio crashed still locked in TX.

I tried doing a radio reset which did not cure the problem.

I use a different aerial for 7Mhz but it still happens if I use the other aerial.

It does not happen on bands below 7Mhz, I have not tried it on 1.8Mhz or 3.5Mhz

I have gone back to 1.4.16 and do not have the problem, everything works correctly.

Computer is a good spec running Windows 7 Pro 64bit.

Tim

Comments

• dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I wonder if this has any relation to the Dirty Transmit signal issue?  
    https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/dirty-distorted-transmit-signal
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Does it fail on 7MHz if you are connected to a dummy load?
  • Oxford English
    Oxford English Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Hi Tim,

Yes, doesn't matter if it's on a dummy load or a real aerial.

David - I wondered about that but I just worked someone on 14Mhz and the audio is fine.

Tim
  • Oxford English
    Oxford English Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Should also add that TX power doesn't have any effect - I usually tune at 2 watts and TX at 70 but I reduced TX to 2 watts and it still locks so I am 99% sure that it isn't an RF feedback problem.

Tim
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    Please describe the "readio crashed" behavior.  Do you get any error messages?  If so what are they.  What is the power LED color state when the radio "crashes"?
  • Oxford English
    Oxford English Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Problem has now cured itself! Did a couple more tests on all bands and when I came back to 7Mhz - no problem. Just had a contact and got a very good report into Bristol in the UK so it all seems to be working properly again.

I don't know if it's my ears but 1.5 seems to be slightly better on receive than 1.4.16 - has there been any tweaking on the receive side? Seems slightly more sensitive to me.

Tim
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    That is good news.  We are always doing logic and code optimization for each new version of software that can result in serendipitous improvements across the board.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.