Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Smart S-meter V1.6 new release

Beppe IK3VIG
Beppe IK3VIG Member
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Hi,

A new release of Smart S-meterV1.6 is available for download: http://woodboxradio.com/freeware.html

In this new release you can start the S-meter using a BAT file
You can edit a simple BAT file like this:

@echo off 
start Smart_S-meter_V16.exe COM10

Where COM10 is the comport Smeter uses, associated to slice receiver you want.
You can edit all the BAT files yuo need, for example:

Smeter4
Smeter5
Smeter6

SmartSmeter starts with the right COM selected.

WARNING !!!!
the BAT files must be in the same folder of Smart_Smeter_V16.exe
You can create a shortcut on your desktop for each BAT file

73 Beppe
ik3vig

WoodBoxRadio

Comments

• Wayne VK4ACN
    Wayne VK4ACN Member
    edited September 2018
    Many thanks

Wayne
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Thanks Beppe.. 
    Instead of using .bat files, you can open the short cut propertys and add the Com port info on the target line..modify one short cut for each instance..

AL, K0VM
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Even better! Thanks. It has been a while since I have edited .bat files. I will try this shortcut/properties method.

UPDATE:  I tried it this morning and it works nicely!  Thanks.
    Now I have two shortcuts on my desktop, each one opens a different S-meter on a different slice.  Very slick!
  • K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Thank you Beppe. This is exactly what I wanted.
  • K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    One more refinement please...

Can you make it so that if there is a COM port argument specified, that it auto-starts?

If a user has set the COM port with the command line then having to click the ON button is an extra step. Or another argument from the command line to turn it on from the command line would work too.

Small things...

Danny
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Or perhaps it would be just as easy to have it start up in the ON mode.  It is a safe guess that if I start the program, I want it turned ON.  If I want to adjust configuration, it is easy to turn it OFF first, then back ON when I am finished configuring it... Or to make it even simpler, could you make the Configure button automatically take it off line for editing?

EDIT:  If you had it open in ON condition, and made the Setup button automatically take it off line for editing, and had the "Esc & Exit" and "Save & Exit" buttons automatically turn it back ON, then you could eliminate the ON button and use that space for an indicator of which Slice the meter is reading...  Just a thought.  When I get four of these on screen, I am sure that I am going to get confused without some sort of indicator!

Ken - NM9P
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Thanks, Beppe for a great utility.
    Ken - NM9P
  • Mark - NU6X
    Mark - NU6X Member
    edited September 2016
    Just a note, the "COM23" argument must be in uppercase. I learned the hard way.

Great product...Thanks!!
    Mark, NU6X, Sedona, AZ 
  • K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I'm having a weird issue. I haven't changed anything since yesterday and the SmartSDR CAT still shows I have COM7 for Slice A and COM8 for Slice B and no processes using them. The Shortcuts for the S-Meters are still correct with the COM7 and COM8 arguments after the EXE. This was working.

I can start the COM7 SliceA meter with no problem and it works.
    I cannot get the COM8 SliceB meter to start. When I go into the Setup COM8 isn't even listed in port dropdown list control.

Actually i did change something... I installed the serial USB driver for the Kenwood TH-D72A Handheld. Let me reboot and see if it comes back to life.

• K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Yup, all is fine after a reboot.
  • Jean Drolet
    Jean Drolet Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    it's possible send the file for this version at va2jn@outlook.com 
  • Jean Drolet
    Jean Drolet Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    it's possible send the file for this version at va2jn@outlook.com 
  • VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Hmmmm... maybe something has been re-directed at my end, but when I click on the link, I end up at http://www.astroradio.com/search?mv_profile=s22&s2=Sdr which does not appear to have any software for sale/download.  I suspect this link (and the company) is no longer available.
  • Vincent Martin - N5ATM
    Vincent Martin - N5ATM Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    FYI:  The woodboxradio site is gone and you are redirected to some other website.
  • Jean Drolet
    Jean Drolet Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
  • Jean Drolet
    Jean Drolet Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    v1.6 it's old version 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.