Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Smart Link log on screen postage stamp size

The Smart Link log in window on my Maestro is the size of a large postage stamp and can not read much less type in it, the rest of the windows are normal. Using Smart SDR 2.2.8 any suggestion on how to enlarge it?

Answers

• Ora Smith
    Ora Smith Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I haven't gone down to the shack to double check, but I think what I have done when that happens is just use my fingers on the touch screen to expand it. The screen response doing that is a bit unpredictable, but I have always been able to get it big enough to see. Put your thumb and index finger together, press in the middle of the postage stamp, then expand the space between  your thumb and finger. I usually have had to mess with it a bit to get it big enough.
  • Steve Blankinship AG4SO
    Steve Blankinship AG4SO Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Getting there that enlarges the log in GUI however the pop up window it is in does not enlarge. I can move it around by holding the upper right edge a few seconds them moving with finger but not enlarge. I tried the 2 finger trick and holding the individual corners no joy.  
  • Ora Smith
    Ora Smith Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I don't remember exactly what I did. I just remember it was cantankerous. Maybe try double tapping on it before trying to expand it?

• Steve Blankinship AG4SO
    Steve Blankinship AG4SO Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Nope the double tap then trying to expand did not work either . It sure is a picky touch screen
  • Ronald Panetta
    Ronald Panetta Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Steve, I'm glad I'm not the only that had to get out the magnifying glass to read it :)
  • Ken - VE5KC
    Ken - VE5KC Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I year ago and no response or solution??

Has this been fixed..  I'm still using SmartDSR  v2.49..
    . . . . .

This just happened to me on a new computer..

SmartLink did not automatically connect. A window popped up and in the middle was a a postage stamp size box. With a magnetizing glass I was able to see it was a log on box. and was able to log in but this is not a satisfactory situation.

This laptop has a high resolution screen 3840 x 2160 with the recommended scaling of 250%, on Windows 10.  The everything else with  SmartSDr scales fine. The problem is with this log in box for SmartLink which is a tiny little box in the middle  of a larger box. This box is not programmed to respect proper scaling. (The outline of the larger box would have make it the right size if the log in box was to fill it.)

Ken - VE5KC
  • Brian Denley  KB1VBF
    Brian Denley KB1VBF Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Yeah this is a nuisance and you would think this is a pretty easy fix.
  • Ken - VE5KC
    Ken - VE5KC Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I started a new message noting this as a problem. Maybe we can get some attention and get this annoying problem fixed.

Please post your comments to the new topic.

73..  Ken - VE5KC
  • Steve Potter
    Steve Potter Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I believe this is a recorded defect, I reported same to Tim in May this year.

This issue has been logged as defect number: 7478

Steve

• Ken - VE5KC
    Ken - VE5KC Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Thanks Steve.. It is problem enough with good vision but for old eyes it's next to impossible to log in. I was showing my son how remote operation worked. With out his much younger eyes I wouldn't have known what was happening! It can't be that difficult to fix, maybe some reminders will help move it up the list. 73.. Ken - VE5KC

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.