Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Smart Control on my 6400M

Options
I am trying to make smart control work on my 6400M. Everytime I bring up Smart Mode, I get a window asking for a station to be online. I do not know what that means or how to fix it. Can you help

Answers

• Ken Wells
    Ken Wells Community Manager admin
    edited March 2020
    Options
    If you want to use your M-series front panel in SmartControl mode, you must first have the radio connected to your computer and running SmartSDR.  (or you can use another client like SmartSDR-IOS, etc)

If there is no other client running the radio, then SmartControl has nothing to control.  

This is covered in Section 11 in the Flex-6400M and 6600M User Guide.

You can download it here.....
    https://www.flexradio.com/downloads/#

NOTE:  If, perhaps, the problem is that your M-Series front control panel has not been able to download the latest software, you must make sure that the radio is connected to the internet so it can download the appropriate software.

If you updated the radio through the SmartSDR for Windows program, you must ALSO let the front panel update itself by providing a connection to the internet for the radio.

I hope this helps,

Ken Wells - NM9P

• Andy W3LI
    Andy W3LI Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Until now after 9 mo. of ownership, 6400M, I have never heard the term Smart Control. Being a curious George I went to chapter 11 in the 6400/6600 manual page 44 thru 47. i read chapter 11 twice and never saw the term Smart Control. Must be blind.
    I am using SmartSDR v2.4.9.
    Have a good week end.

Andy...W3LI

• Andy W3LI
    Andy W3LI Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    OOPS, Got egg on my face. I was still looking at V 2.3.9. 
    SRI folks. Guess I need to print a new version. 
    Andy...W3LI
  • Harry Dudley
    Harry Dudley Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Andy, it is brand new and in the latest v 3 upgrade. Dan at Flex helped me resolve my issue along with Mike Walker. It is a really nice new feature for users of the 6400M.
  • Andy W3LI
    Andy W3LI Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    TNX Harry, have no interest in V 3 at this time. My radio works just fine for Phone and CW.

• Brian Denley  KB1VBF
    Brian Denley KB1VBF Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Even more useful to owners of 6400 and Maestro. Now we can use the Maestro as a control panel for SmardSDR for Windows. Works perfectly.
  • Asher - K0AU
    Asher - K0AU Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    SmartControl is a feature a lot of us have been waiting for! Want to check with the community: how's 3rd party support for SSDR V3.X shaping up? Last I heard Dave, AA6YQ, didn't recommend V3 for use with DXLab. I've been holding off getting a Maestro, but will definitely jump on board when 3rd parties support V3.
  • Bill NE1B
    Bill NE1B Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I have been using 3.0.27 for 2 months and now 3.1.7 with DXLabs (Commander, DXKeeper, DXView, Spot Collector and Win Warbler).   I also use WSJT-X modes a lot with DXK, etc.  No issues with SmartSDR.  I rarely use my Maestro.
  • Steven Linley
    Options

I recently traded-in my 2017 6600 (v2) for a new 6600. I now have the latest version.

Today I tried SmartControl. It's awesome! Now I can use both SmartSDR and the Maestro knobs on the same slice, on the same controls.

Steven WA8Y

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.