Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Slow Shutdown, still with 1.38

Alan C
Alan C Member ✭✭
Win 8.1, Software: 1.38, Flex 6300

OK, minor bug (still). Tun on - ok, If I do not transmit - push the power button, it takes about 30 - 45 seconds to shut down (no blinking). I know FRS is aware of this bug, but I thought they might address it in 1.38. Nope.

If I transmit - push the power button, it blinks and shuts down immediately.

Just a minor annoyance

Comments

• PAØGDW
    PAØGDW Member
    edited January 2020

no problem here with my Flex 6300 ....i am using Windows 8.1 64 bits..

73 Gerben PA0GDW

• Mike_N1MD
    Mike_N1MD Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I still have the slow shutdown anomaly -- Win 7, SSDR 1.38, Flex 6700.

It is starting to annoy me a bit.

Mike, N1MD
  • W7NGA
    W7NGA Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I experienced that last night and it registered that the indicator would normally blink before shutting down and that this particular time it did not. I had not transmitted since the Flex 6300 had booted which apparently causes this behavior. I had just returned from a Mexican dinner and thought perhaps I had drank one too many Negra Modelo beers! Nice to know I was lucid!

73's ... daniel W7NGA
  • JB
    JB Member ✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Same here. Reported it yesterday in a thread.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I have written another defect for this reported behavior put it in the bug tracker for investigation.
  • Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018

Agree - I still have this problem on my 6500 too.

• k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    In my case it only happens if I have shutdown SSDR then my 6500 but leave the PS (+13.5v) on, restart the radio a second time and after several hours, I shut down SSDR and when I try and shutdown my 6500 it delays for several minutes before it finally shuts down.

The delayed shutdown problem has never happened here if I shutdown the PS after the radio shuts down....  Hope this helps.....  Dennis, k0eoo
  • Terry K7NY
    Terry K7NY Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016

No problem with my 6300, 4-5 seconds to shut down.

Terry

K7NY

• Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2017
    Alan (and others experiencing this issue):

What all is plugged into your radio?  Does it happen if you disconnect everything but the power/ethernet/antenna(s)?

I have tried to reproduce this on a 6300 and a 6700 without success, so I'm thinking it is related to other hardware plugged into the radio or some other setting.
  • Stan VA7NF
    Stan VA7NF Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Eric, my 6700 has this problem ever since I received it (1st into Canada) -- AND it happens to on your service bench at this moment
  • Alan C
    Alan C Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Eric, Not sure why - but it has not recurred for over a month now. Could possibly have been operator error, by shutting down the Flex (6300), and then shutting down the software. Perhaps the issue can be dis-regarded.

Excellent that you have followed up with this!

73, Alan
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I get this issue even when I do transmit. It happens about 10-20 % of the time. It has taken a while for me to realise that the rig will eventually shut down and for me to resist the temptation for force it.

>>What all is plugged into your radio?  Does it happen if you disconnect everything but the power/ethernet/antenna(s)?<<
    Nothing else connected.
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    I spoke with the techs that did the work on your radio and they were unable to reproduce the issue on your radio on the bench.  However, as part of their process, they reset the database to factory defaults.  So it is possible that something was set and saved to the database that was causing this.  Please test this when you get the radio back prior to setting your preferences.  If the problem only shows up after you have changed settings, please export your settings and we'll take a look and see if we can isolate the root cause since to date it has eluded us.  Thanks.  #821

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.