Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Slow internet after connecting FLEX-6400 via computer network bridge

Brian VK3MI
Brian VK3MI Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows

In the past I have successfully used a network bridge under Windows 7 to share a Wi-FI internet connection on a computer (running SSDR) with an Ethernet port on the same computer connected to a FLEX-6300 radio.

I have recently upgraded to a new notebook (HP Probook 450 G6 with Windows 1809) for  SSDR and a FLEX-6400 running v2.6.1. With this new configuration I can still use the network bridge functionality to connect the radio to the internet, but it is having a serious and unacceptable impact on internet performance. Internet connectivity is intermittent and the upload and download speeds are no more than 10% of the speeds achieved when the wireless network adapter is removed from the bridge. I have installed the latest drivers for the wireless and Ethernet adapters but this made no difference.

Have others encountered this problem? Any thoughts on the possible cause and/or solution? 

Thanks in advance, Brian VK3MI

Comments

• Arvind Mallya
    Arvind Mallya Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Can you describe how you connected the Flex to the WiFi bridge and to the Internet Gateway? Is that Gateway a Cable modem or VDSL modem?
  • Brian VK3MI
    Brian VK3MI Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Hi Arvind

The gateway is a service provider router connected to a cable modem. The notebook wireless adapter connects to the router via WiFi. I'm using the network bridge function within Windows 10 to bridge the wireless adapter to an Ethernet port which is connected to the FLEX-6400.

I've used the exactly the same configuration previously, except I was running an older notebook with Windows 7. There was no evidence of the network bridge having any impact on internet speed in this earlier implementation.

73, Brian VK3MI

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.