Slight problem going from 1.4.3 to new version ...

  • 1
  • Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • (Edited)
Not a major problem but Last week I took my 6300 to a friends house and set it up there on his computer.  Hooked everything up and installed SmartSDR 1.4.3 and had zero problems.

He wanted me to come back over today and do a demo for his brother.  I had just upgraded to 1.4.11 so I went over and tried to install 1.4.11 on his computer.  He still had 1.4.3 on it.  I left it there (just as I had done on my home machine with perfect results) and when I tried to install 1.4.11 on his computer - the installation crashed near the end and I could NOT log onto my rig at all - even though it was showing.

So .... I uninstalled 1.4.11, 1.4.3, and the DAX stuff for both and deleted the Flex folder in Program Files - rebooted the computer and the radio and THEN installed SmartSDR 1.4.11 and all went well and the radio performed perfectly.

So, it was easy to overcome the problem but interesting that on his computer I could not leave the OLD version on to be successful.  

Not a big deal but thought I would just mention it.

---Gary WB8ROL
Photo of Gary L. Robinson

Gary L. Robinson

  • 218 Posts
  • 42 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

  • 1

Be the first to post a reply!