Slicemaster: cant color spots from HRD

• Question
  • Updated 1 month ago
Hi all.  I've been using Slicemaster since the spot display feature was implementedd.  I'm currently on SSDR 2.61 and Slicemaster 10.7.  Everything works as expected except that I cannot get HRD to color my spots based on the Worked status.  The spot coloring works in N1MM (sort of).  Note that I am on the free version (5.x) of HRD.  Is this significant?  I think everything else is set up properly as HRD log follows my slices.  Here is my setup:

Photo of Ken, K2KXK

Ken, K2KXK

• 56 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of K1DBO

K1DBO

• 583 Posts
  • 128 Reply Likes
Ken,

I've never installed an HRD version prior to the 6.x series, so there's a good chance that it doesnt work.  

If you toggle the check box next to the hrdlog:// entry and keep your eye on Slice Master's status area, do you see a message indicating a successful connection to HRD?

--Don

Photo of Ken, K2KXK

Ken, K2KXK

• 56 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Hi Don.  Thanks for the quick reply.  AM seems to be connecting successfully to HRD.  I first see the "connecting" message followed by the "connected" message.  When I uncheck it, I see the "disconnecting" message.  Note I don't have any port associated with HRD on the SM source line.  Does HRD send the spot information on a specific port?  If I specify port 7809, I get a Unicode error in SM.
Regards,
Ken
Photo of K1DBO

K1DBO

• 582 Posts
  • 128 Reply Likes
I believe the default port number is 7825 for v6.x and it's likely the same for the older versions too.  It's a good sign that you are getting the 'connected' message but a bad sign that it doesnt work. I suspect a protocol change between versions is to blame.

If you like, send your Slice Master logs to the email address in the Slice Master start up screen. Just navigate to

C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Local\K1DBO

then right-click on slice-master and select 'Send to\Compressed (zipped) folder'.  This will create a zip file that you can then attach to your email.  I'll take a look to see if there is something obvious that's going wrong.  I dont have plans to support the older versions of HRD but I dont mind taking a look.

--Don

Photo of Ken, K2KXK

Ken, K2KXK

• 56 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Hey Don.  Thanks again.  I'll send the logs now.  I wouldn't expect you to support older versions of HRD but it would be nice to know if this is what the problem is.  73, Ken