Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Slicemaster 6000-v0.10.6b says: wsjtx.set_launch_state Audio channel is not enabled in DAX Control P

Rocinante
Rocinante Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
THIS:
wsjtx.set_launch_state Audio channel is not enabled in DAX Control Panel. slice='A' dax=1
and
wsjtx.set_launch_state Audio channel is not enabled in DAX Control Panel. slice='B' dax=2

I have a new Flex 6400 with SmartSDR version 3, and I would like to do some FT8 to see who can hear me and where they are.

So, I start Slicemaster and try to configure the Launch tab so it will start WSJT-X by mode (DIGU) for Slice A and Slice B, using Slicemaster's default "DAX1" and "DAX2" settings. I can see that if I click Tab A or Tab B, in SliceMaster, the view in SDR changes to show the selected slice is active. I can see in the DAX control panel that I am streaming the TX stream as well as RX streams 1 & 2. Both slices are configured for DAX: A gets DAX1 and B gets DAX2. 

Sadly, SliceMaster does not launch WSJT-X when I switch from USB to DIGU. Out of desperation, I independently configured WSJT-X and confirmed that it successfully communicates with SDR if I just start the program on my own.

I have repeatedly uninstalled everything and installed it all again, using default values for everything so there's no customization in the setups.

At this point I'm quite frustrated with SliceMaster. Any thoughts folks may have on what is causing Slice master to kick out that error message and how to fix it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Answers

• K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Slice Master doesnt support SSDR v3 just yet.  Hang in there for a week or two and I'll have a new release out that does.

--Don

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    You are aware that you don't need Slicemaster (or any program other than Flex's DAX and CAT) to enjoy FT8?  I have done so almost every day for the past year. 
  • Rocinante
    Rocinante Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Thanks, Don, I was not aware of that, will wait with eagerness for the update.

Hi, Neil, I just started messing with FT8 today, so there's a whole lot I don't know yet.  I'd love pointers to anything I should be reading on that topic that would help me get off to a quick start! :)
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited April 2019
    @Rocinate - What logging software do you use? JTAlert supports several electronic logging programs and can facilitate logging from WSJT-X to the logging program when the contact is completed. There are several topics here in the forum to help you get started.

Enjoy FT8 and don't be afraid to ask questions. Plenty of people here to help you get your station set up optimally.

Dave wo2x

• Rocinante
    Rocinante Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    No logging software yet that interfaces with my 6400. I have a freebie manual logging program that I can run on my Mac. However, given that getting serious with Flex really demands I use Windows (different conversation), I was just starting to puzzle out finding automated logging software that would also let me put a series of FT8 contacts on a map so I can see what my propagation looks like. I'll look at programs that support JTAlert to see whether I can find one that will suit.  Specific recommendations are of course welcome.

Bill K4VM

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.