Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Slice A Controls not Operative if Slice B is Off Screen

Options
K9DUR
K9DUR Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in
On my 6700, I opened slice A on 3.910 MHz LSB. I then opened slice B on 3.535.MHz CW. If slice B is not visible (off the screen to the left), you cannot do anything with the controls on slice A. You cannot type in a new frequency or open any of the sub-menus. Slice B works normally. If you zoom out so that both slices are visible in the panadapter, then the controls on slice A work again. 73, Ray, K9DUR

Comments

• Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Ray I just tried this on my FLEX-6700 and was unable to make this happen. I brought up two slices, panned until B was off the screen and the off screen indicator showed up. Then I tried tuning A, opening the menus and typing in a new frequency. All of these things worked. I'm running development code, but I don't think that we've done anything that would change this behavior recently. Is anyone else seeing this? Steve
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    It happened to me once, right after I read Ray's notice. Then I went back and forth between A & B and slid the pan back and forth and it started working again. I don't remember what I had been **** before the malfunction happened. I have not been able to reproduce it yet.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Correct that... I just had the rig on 40 meters with a single pan & slice. I changed to 80 at 3.910 on A and added B at 3.535 Before I dragged the display anywhere, I tried to change volume and mode and got nothing. After moving the display I could access controls.
  • K9DUR
    K9DUR Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Steve, My exact procedure is: 1. Turn on power supply to 6700. 2. Turn on 6700 & wait until it boots completely.. 3. Start SmartSDR CAT. 4. Start SmartSDR. Slice A is at default frequency/mode of 14.100 MHz USB. 5. Change band to 80m.. Slice A is at 3.800 MHz LSB. 6. Type in new Slice A frequency of 3.910 MHz. 7. Click on +RX. Slice B is at 3.910 MHz LSB. 8. Type in new Slice B frequency of 3.535.MHz. 9. Change Slice B mode to CW. 10. Double-click on A> to center panadapter on Slice A. 11. At this point none of the Slice A controls work. Clicking on the speaker icon, DSP, or LSB has no effect. Also, clicking in the frequency display area to highlight it has no effect. 12. Double-click on <B to center panadapter on Slice B. All of the Slice B controls work. 13. Zoom out until both slices are visible on the panadapter. 14. At this point, all of the Slice A controls work again. NOTE: If one of the sub-menus is open on Slice A before you open Slice B, when you come back to Slice A, that sub-menu's controls work, but you cannot switch to a different sub-menu or type in a new frequency. 73, Ray, K9DUR
  • Dave-N9CHM
    Dave-N9CHM Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I have been able to repeat this at will. Rig is 6500, 1.0 version, open 2 slices with B out of view. Go to B, can change sliders (volume, AGC-T), freq, etc. Double click on slice A arrow to move back to that slice, none of the A sliders work, can't change the freq as well. Increase bandwidth such that both slices on screen all is normal.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    This issue will be addressed in SmartSDR v1.1