AH0U

• 255 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of Ria - N2RJ

Ria - N2RJ, Elmer

• 2254 Posts
  • 879 Reply Likes
I like it. Still has some quirks but it's a nice option. I also use SDR-Bridge for other things.
Photo of K1DBO

K1DBO

• 414 Posts
  • 73 Reply Likes
Hi Ria,

I'm very interested in removing the quirks and making improvements. If you could find the time to drop me an email or post about them here, I'd appreciate hearing about them.
Photo of Lou Dietrich

Lou Dietrich

• 53 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
Been using it for about a week. It took a bit of tweaking by the author Don, but the new version V.0.9.19 is very stable.  The 'mix' functions are nice but the CW Skimmer sync is really easy to set-up and, like I said, stable. Skimmers pop up and are sync'd almost immediately. A really nice piece of software. Great to see API uses being developed! Thanks Don!

Lou N2TU
Photo of K1DBO

K1DBO

• 416 Posts
  • 73 Reply Likes
Hi Lou,

As you've discovered, Slice Master is still a work in progress, both in terms of features as well as dealing with the "quirks".  You're welcome, and thanks for the kind words.
Photo of Al / NN4ZZ

Al / NN4ZZ

• 1706 Posts
  • 580 Reply Likes
I haven't tried the Slice Master yet for CW Skimmer, mainly because I use 2 FlexControls and use SDR-Bridge to control one of them.  I try to keep the number of third party apps to a minimum and don't use DDUtil (another app that provides control for a second FlexControl).

I wish Flex would offer support for 2 (or more) FlexControls in SSDR.  Here is the idea if you want more details or would like to vote it up.

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/add-support-for-2-or-more-flexcontrols-from-within-...

Or even better, add support for a mini-Maestro that could replace the FlexControls.  Here is the idea if you want more details or would like to vote it up.

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/maestrocontrol-the-next-generation-flexcontrol

With either of these in place it would be easy to use either SDR-Bridge or Slice Master for the CW Skimmer connection.  I know I could run them both simultaneously now but again I like to keep it simple and run as few third party apps as possible. 

But the ultimate solution for CW Skimmer, IMHO is to integrate it into SSDR.  Here is the idea if you want more details or would like to vote it up.

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/pfskimer_what_is_the_possibility_for_a_smartsdr_dis...

Al / NN4ZZ  
al (at) nn4zz (dot) com
6700 & SSDR-W  V 2.1.30
Win10
Photo of K1DBO

K1DBO

• 416 Posts
  • 73 Reply Likes
Hi Al,

I'm still fleshing out the feature set and concentrating mostly on automatic configuration and launching of other third party software.  But beneath it all is a framework I've built with the intention of supporting multiple midi controllers.  I've already received requests for Flex Control support and have it on my to-do list. 
Photo of Lou Dietrich

Lou Dietrich

• 53 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
Al,

Rather than detailing those ideas in a SliceMaster thread, might it not be a good idea to separate the topics. That way they will get individual attention?

Each of your suggestions have some standalone discussion merit...and maybe should be aired accordingly.

So, back to SliceMaster. Give it a try...

Lou N2TU
Photo of Al / NN4ZZ

Al / NN4ZZ

• 1705 Posts
  • 580 Reply Likes
Hi Lou,
I'll give it a try at some point to see how it works.  It sounds like a nice program.  But I do like to keep the number of third party apps to a minimum.  If Slice Master also had support for 2 or more FlexControls it would be a good one for my setup.  Maybe that is another possibility some day. 

Some of those other ideas are years old so every once in a while I mention them so they get seen by newer members.   They are all on the "idea" list and have comments and votes so I'm not sure creating a new thread is needed but will, if you think it's the way to go.

Al / NN4ZZ  
al (at) nn4zz (dot) com
6700 & SSDR-W  V 2.1.30
Win10

Photo of Rich McCabe

Rich McCabe

• 984 Posts
  • 213 Reply Likes
I really like it. The automated start and stop when it senses mode is nice.

Wish it would "cure" some of CW skimmers quirks that happen no matter what bridge I use :)
Photo of K1DBO

K1DBO

• 416 Posts
  • 73 Reply Likes
I'm trying Rich, I'm trying ;)
Photo of WA2SQQ

WA2SQQ

• 417 Posts
  • 87 Reply Likes
So this program has got my attention, especially since the new SPOTS feature was just released. I watched a video showing it being used with CW Skimmer. I have not downloaded it yet, but I do have a few questions:1. Are there predefined programs that it can interface with?2. I didn't see any way to add programs.3. Will Slice Master be able to provide the Spot info? I use Log4OM - I know it uses a UDP connection, just not sure if I can add an additional UDP port
(Edited)
Photo of K1DBO

K1DBO

• 414 Posts
  • 73 Reply Likes
The README file for Slice Master (https://github/K1DBO/slice-master-6000) lists the programs that are currently supported.  "Supported" here means that Slice Master can configure launch multiple instances (per slice) and provide bi-directional control.  But Slice Master is also useful with many programs that it cant configure and launch.  Loggers generally fall into this category.

Regarding spots, Slice Master does a few things.  First, it aggregates the spots generated by (some of) the programs it launches and makes them available through it's own cluster server.  So any program that can make use of telnet cluster spots can connect to Slice Master's aggregation server for access to those locally generated spots.

Second, Slice Master provides a "bandmap overlay" that sits on top of any "popped out" panafall.  Until today's release of SSDR, this was the only way to see spots in an SSDR window.  The approach has some limitations but works wells.  As part of this bandmap feature, Slice Master allows external spot sources to be gathered.  So far sources includes N1MM+, Logger32, DXLab's Spot Collector, and HRD Logbook, as well as telnet connections to cluster nodes.  

Third, as of today's SSDR release Slice Master can also show those spots directly in the SSDR windows by making use of the new Flex API commands that are part of the new release.

Support for Log4OM is likely to be included in a future release.

--Don
Photo of KK9W - Steve

KK9W - Steve

• 632 Posts
  • 189 Reply Likes
So is there a new release of Slicemaster for the API commands as I find I still have to pop out he window . . . run dx launcher then spot collector
Photo of K1DBO

K1DBO

• 414 Posts
  • 73 Reply Likes
The latest version of Slice Master is v0.10.4c It supports the spots API.  On the settings tab enable 'Send spots to radio'.
(Edited)
Photo of WA2SQQ

WA2SQQ

• 417 Posts
  • 87 Reply Likes
Thanks so much. Look like it’s time to download it!
Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 2764 Posts
  • 610 Reply Likes
I really can't find the down load file for Slicemaster
Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 2764 Posts
  • 610 Reply Likes
I'm sorry, I see readme file but were to find the program?
Photo of K1DBO

K1DBO

• 416 Posts
  • 73 Reply Likes
The Getting Started section of the readme has a link to the current release.

https://github.com/K1DBO/slice-master-6000/releases

--Don
Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 2764 Posts
  • 610 Reply Likes
Ok I have it thank you, 
Photo of KK9W - Steve

KK9W - Steve

• 632 Posts
  • 189 Reply Likes
So am I correct in saying that for the spots to show up on the Maestro . . .  Slice Master has to be running on a computer on the same network as the Flex radio??
(Edited)
Photo of K1DBO

K1DBO

• 416 Posts
  • 73 Reply Likes
Yes, Slice Master makes a network connection to the radio and uses the Flex API to send the spots.
Photo of Mark - WS7M

Mark - WS7M

• 993 Posts
  • 353 Reply Likes
Well I have 0.10.4c es 2.4.7 SSDR and I'm not seeing spots...  Will review again the readme but as of right now I'm a little disappointed in the SSDR spots...

I get that an API was provided but it seems that there should be a simple option to connect to and listen to some common spot providers without having to use N1MM

BTW the slicemaster overlay spots work just fine.  Just nothing getting into the radio API even with the checkbox checked.
(Edited)
Photo of KK9W - Steve

KK9W - Steve

• 632 Posts
  • 189 Reply Likes
 I would have thought flex would have done it direct without using a 3rd party program. But it is a start I guess. Works good here.
Photo of KY6LA - Howard

KY6LA - Howard, Elmer

• 3541 Posts
  • 1396 Reply Likes
Mark & Steve

I agree there needs to be a simple Telnet connection for Spots but the powers that be decided that would open up a huge can of worms requiring Flex to have to spend resources supporting all the various flavors of Spots generators. So it was decided to open up the API to developers and let them support their own spot generators.

You have already seen that Slicemaster and DXlabs have been successful in connecting spots to SSDR. I believe that Maclogger and several others will follow shortly. Hopefully others will also.
Photo of K1DBO

K1DBO

• 416 Posts
  • 73 Reply Likes
Howard,

I agree completely.  Wider adoption of the Flex API would be great.  But, I can also understand if the author of a logging program that needs to support dozens of other radios wouldnt want to make the investment.  For them, I offer Slice Master and my willingness to adapt it to their software.  

--Don
Photo of KY6LA - Howard

KY6LA - Howard, Elmer

• 3541 Posts
  • 1396 Reply Likes
That is why I am recommending Slicemaster to everyone
Photo of K1DBO

K1DBO

• 416 Posts
  • 73 Reply Likes
Thanks Howard, I appreciate that.
Photo of mikeatthebeach .

mikeatthebeach .

• 247 Posts
  • 38 Reply Likes
Have Slice Master Running, brings up CW Skimmer but unable to see any Spots

In SSDR 2.3.7 when i go to SSDR Setting I can not get Spots to check off 

Can someone details the steps for Spots to be seen locally on SSDR from CW Skimmer

Running 6600M here with 2.3.7 and CW Skimmer

Mike
Photo of Jay / NO5J

Jay / NO5J

• 1514 Posts
  • 222 Reply Likes
Mike

Clicking on the SmartSDR Settings Menu on Spots.. opens a Spot Settings dialog window, there is an enable button, and several other settings in the dialog window, you might not have noticed it opening, it's never been possible to see it before this morning.

Yo will also need to select and enable a spot source in Slicemaster, in order to start collecting new spots.

#FlexRadio IRC chat

73, Jay - NO5J

(Edited)
Photo of K1DBO

K1DBO

• 416 Posts
  • 73 Reply Likes
Jay,

Your comment is spot on.  But it is worth noting that spots from CW Skimmer will show up in the panafall without adding a spot source.  Same goes for GRITTY and WSJT-X.

Spot sources are only needed for adding spots from external sources (telnet cluster) or for adding "color" through a logger like Logger32, Spot Collector, or HRD Logbook.

--Don

mikeatthebeach .

• 247 Posts
  • 38 Reply Likes
Jay,
Yes I been able to see the Spot Settings Pop Up window
I click the Disabled to turn to Enabled, it then turns Blue

I see nothing appear as spots in my SSDR 2.3.7 

If I click setting in SSDR Spot setting is not checked
Only checked are 
Autostart  CAT with SmartSDR
Autostart DAX with SmartSDR

Seems this program is DOA ( Dead on Arrival ) 

Mike

mikeatthebeach .

• 247 Posts
  • 38 Reply Likes
Anyone want to use Team Viewer to help me
Mike
WB6DJI
Photo of KK9W - Steve

KK9W - Steve

• 632 Posts
  • 189 Reply Likes
Spot Settings does not to be checked. Make sure you are running latest Slice Master.Click on right most tab and check send spots to radio and make sure telnet is checked.It works.
Photo of K1DBO

K1DBO

• 416 Posts
  • 73 Reply Likes
Mike,

I'd call that a quirk of the SSDR user interface.  It would make some sense if there was a check right in that menu, but instead you need to look to that enable button on the dialog.  From your description, you should be all set.

If Slice Master has launched CW Skimmer for you, and it appears to be running correctly, any spot it finds should show up in your panafall.

Though, there is one thing that might have been missed... in Slice Master's settings tab, under the Bandmap group there is an option to "Send spots to radio".  Make sure that is enable too.

You can also, as Jay suggested, trying adding a telnet cluster to get spots from the network.  There are examples in the Slice Master README.

--Don

mikeatthebeach .

• 247 Posts
  • 38 Reply Likes
Using the latest Slice Master v0.10.4c Telnet port set to 7300
Spot sources telnet://ve7cc.net
Checked box Enable aggregation server 

On 20meter CW lots of station on my CW Skimmer here
but no Spots from ve7cc or local Spots from my CW Skimmer
No Spots 

Mike
WB6DJI
Photo of KK9W - Steve

KK9W - Steve

• 632 Posts
  • 189 Reply Likes
Top check box"send spots to radio" needs to be checked

mikeatthebeach .

• 247 Posts
  • 38 Reply Likes
It is checked - Still No joy
Mike
WB6DJI
Photo of KK9W - Steve

KK9W - Steve

• 632 Posts
  • 189 Reply Likes
What band you on now

mikeatthebeach .

• 247 Posts
  • 38 Reply Likes
20 meters CW 
See  100's of CW stations on CW Skimmer right now
Mike
WB6DJI
Photo of K1DBO

K1DBO

• 416 Posts
  • 73 Reply Likes
Mike, 

Leave SSDR running but try restarting Slice Master.

--Don
Photo of Jay / NO5J

Jay / NO5J

• 1514 Posts
  • 222 Reply Likes
Don
Correct I had telnet://ve7cc.net and dxlab://localhost/spots enabled in Slicemaster, I just disabled the ve7cc cluster, with my antenna, I'm not expecting to be working any DX today. I set a Spotcollector filter for  NA, and 40m and 20m spots only.  The majority of the spots displayed seem to be coming from WSJT-X. Still, spots on the panadapter, are an improvement over, no spots on the panadapter. 

Mike 
The Settings > Spots.. menu item is not a "select to check" kind of item. Maybe later on with some documentation, you might get it working a little better than DOA.

#FlexRadio IRC chat

73, Jay - NO5J

mikeatthebeach .

• 247 Posts
  • 38 Reply Likes
Restarted Computer - Still no Spots 
Mike
WB6DJI
Photo of K1DBO

K1DBO

• 416 Posts
  • 73 Reply Likes
Did you start Slice Master before or after SSDR?  It usually doesnt matter but sometimes has trouble if Slice Master started first.
Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 2759 Posts
  • 610 Reply Likes
It says telnet port 7300, do I have to make a cat port with this?
Photo of K1DBO

K1DBO

• 416 Posts
  • 73 Reply Likes
Bill,

That telnet port is Slice Master's aggregation server.  You can connect a telnet cluster client to it to receive the spots generated by CW Skimmer, GRITTY, and WSJT-X when those programs are launched by Slice Master.  If your logger can connect to the telnet cluster for spots, you can have it connect to Slice Master instead.  Then, you'll only get spots for calls that your radio has actually heard.

--Don
Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 2764 Posts
  • 610 Reply Likes
I am not seeing many spots,,it is set to telnet://ve7cc.net
Photo of KK9W - Steve

KK9W - Steve

• 632 Posts
  • 189 Reply Likes
Not many on the cluster. only on 20 meters and a few on 6m now. Im on 40 and it is dead.
Photo of Lasse Moell

Lasse Moell

• 85 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Same story here...zero spots shows from skimmer, and unable to get any telnet spots to show.
Tried both Maestro and SSDR. I see a difference if I start slice master  with admin privileges, this will bring up the Omnirig settigs, and it shows a com port that is not in CAT. Try to assign to a com port in CAT, crashes the programs. Have to restart SSDR.
Enabled the SPOT in both Maestro and SSDR, and had the box send spots to radio enabled. Tried a lot of other settings and nothing.....
Photo of K1DBO

K1DBO

• 416 Posts
  • 73 Reply Likes
Lasse,

Slice Master doesnt need admin privileges for anything it does.  The first time you run it, Windows will ask you to allow firewall exceptions to be added.  It's important to allow these exceptions or Slice Master wont even be able to connect to the radio.  Also, Slice Master doesnt use OmniRig.  CW Skimmer can use it, but it's not needed when you let Slice Master launch CW Skimmer for you.

--Don
Photo of Lasse Moell

Lasse Moell

• 85 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Thanks for the reply Don,
Will look into what can be the problem.. But it was a bit odd that Omnirig menu shows when I start slice master, but not when I start normal. As for firewall, I do get a Windows note telling me to allow access to net.
(Edited)

mikeatthebeach .

• 247 Posts
  • 38 Reply Likes
Don & others
  Here is my Slice Master settings and still No Spots
Any help appreciated

Mike
WB6DJI
Photo of K1DBO

K1DBO

• 414 Posts
  • 73 Reply Likes
Mike,

The shot of the Slice Master settings does does have the 'Send spots to radio' in view.  Make sure that is enabled.

Also, in the 'Telnet' section the 'Telnet port' should be *NOT* be set to the same value as what's in CW Skimmer's port.  Usually Slice Master picks a safe value for you for CW Skimmer.  You should not have to change any CW Skimmer settings.  Slice Master makes sure it's setup properly before launching CW Skimmer.

In Slice Master, select the Launch tab then the sub-tab for slice A.  Toggle the CW Skimmer 'Launch' option to 'Never'.  CW Skimmer should quit.  Then toggle the 'Launch' option back to 'By mode'.  CW Skimmer should start back up again.  With any luck, the spots it find will find their way to the panafall.

--Don
Photo of Jay / NO5J

Jay / NO5J

• 1514 Posts
  • 222 Reply Likes
Mike
 Try the Flexradio IRC chat again, I completely missed your connection to the channel to many windows going at once, Team Viewer is ok with me.

#FlexRadio IRC chat

73, Jay - NO5J

mikeatthebeach .

• 247 Posts
  • 38 Reply Likes
Jay and Don,

I get a few Spots from ve7cc now, not many

I want to specify CW Skimmer as the Server locally, not
sure if I need the CW Server side of the CW Skimmer software to
do this

Anyone know how to do this.

Most of my DX, I hear locally and if I use a Server say out of state, I miss a lot
of DX, but when I watch CW Skimmer locally I find some DX

Thus try to figure what I need to do in getting it to work
locally on my inside network with CW Skimmer and Slice Master & SSDR 2.3.7 all on the same PC locally

Mike
WB6DJI
Photo of Jay / NO5J

Jay / NO5J

• 1502 Posts
  • 221 Reply Likes
Mike 
CWskimmer when used with Slicemaster should display any callsigns that Cwskimmer properly decodes, in the panadapter overlay, no telnet cluster needed for CW spots. 

#FlexRadio IRC chat

73, Jay - NO5J

Photo of K1DBO

K1DBO

• 414 Posts
  • 73 Reply Likes
Hi Mike,

It sounds like we're making progress.  If you let Slice Master launch CW Skimmer for you, all the spots it finds will show up in the panafall.

The screen shot you sent before made it look like that was what you were doing.  

But in case you werent, close all CW Skimmer instances then select the Launch tab in Slice Master, pick a slice, then in the "CW Skimmer" group, select 'by Mode" for the launch option and make sure there is a check mark next to CW.

Next, if you havent already, make sure your slice is in CW mode. 

If the panafall has a DAX IQ channel selected and the DAX control panel has that IQ Channel enabled, CW Skimmer will launch and start feeding spots to the radio.

--Don

mikeatthebeach .

• 247 Posts
  • 38 Reply Likes
Don,
  Seem I get Server Spots but no  Local Spots from my CW Skimmer

Not using the CW Skimmer Server, but If I were to do that, I
think I need to specify a localhost & port but not sure how to
do that

Any idea's

Mike
WB6DJI
Photo of K1DBO

K1DBO

• 414 Posts
  • 73 Reply Likes
You dont need CW Skimmer Server to get the spots.

In Slice Master's settings tab (...) scroll down to the CW Skimmer section and make sure 'Spot' option is set to 'Any'.  If it's not that could be the problem.

Also, can you confirm that Slice Master launches CW Skimmer for you and that you dont need to change any setting in CW Skimmer after it launches?

--Don

mikeatthebeach .

• 247 Posts
  • 38 Reply Likes
Don,
  In Slice Master, have the CW Skimmer set to ANY 

Restarted and launched it and see no callsigns from CW Skimmer on the SSDR 2.3.7
PanAdapter

Only Spots I see come from outside Server 

My Slice A is streaming ( BLUE ) and On in SSDR 2.3.7 

Mike
WB6DJI
(Edited)
Photo of K1DBO

K1DBO

• 414 Posts
  • 73 Reply Likes
Ok, my bad.  I just verified a bug.  Let's hope it's what is causing you trouble.

On the Slice Master settings tab in the 'Telnet' group if 'Enable aggregation server' is not checked, spots from CW Skimmer dont show up!  

The screen shots that Lasse included above do not have it enabled.  So I'm pretty sure that the problem there.  How about you Mike?

Oh, you might need to enable it then restart Slice Master.
(Edited)

mikeatthebeach .

• 247 Posts
  • 38 Reply Likes
Don
  In Slice Master, my Telnet Box has the Enable aggregation server 
has the box checked 

PM e-mail if you want to see my Desktop via Team Viewer 
will give you ID & pw to access it

Mike
WB6DJI
(Edited)
Photo of Lasse Moell

Lasse Moell

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Have tried to enable the spot server but nothing shows up. Assume the port number must be different from that used by Skimmer, have tested 7300 and 7301 for skimmer. Will try a bit more later see if I can get things working.
Photo of K1DBO

K1DBO

• 414 Posts
  • 73 Reply Likes
Slice Master will automatically pick an unused port number for communication with any CW Skimmer it launches.  You dont need to change anything in CW Skimmer's settings for it all to work.

Slice Master needs your help in choosing a port number for the aggregation server.  Just pick a port that's not already in use.  If you do pick one that is in use you'll get a message in the Slice Master status area telling you as much.

The aggregation server is intended to be optional.  It allow other telnet clients (like loggers) to connect to Slice Master for access to it's local spots.  But there's a bug in Slice Master that prevents CW Skimmer spots from showing up in the panafall unless the aggregation server enabled.  The next release of Slice Master will fix this.

--Don
(Edited)
Photo of Lasse Moell

Lasse Moell

• 85 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Still fumbling in the dark!
I started Slice Master, and opened N1MM... managed to get two (two) spots on maestro, likely to be from external sourced... bandmap in N1MM shows what I get from skimmer. What is a bit confusing is that password request is enabled each time skimmer is started.. is this done by Slice Master? Using Putty I clearly see data coming from skimmer on port 7301... but Slice Master seems unable to forward this SSDR, and it seems N1MM managed to push through Slice Master spots to SSDR.
Using N1MM alone and having the CAT set for N1MM, works nicely showing my data from my skimmer.
What do I do wrong??
Update... I do get external spots to show running Slice Master, it's just those from my skimmer that refuses to show.
(Edited)
Photo of K1DBO

K1DBO

• 414 Posts
  • 73 Reply Likes
Hi Lasse,

Slice Master sets the telnet password on the CW Skimmer instances it launches to discourage folks from mis-configuring things. 

All of the spots from all of the Skimmers that Slice Master launches are available on Slice Master's telnet aggregation server.  Just point the N1MM+ telnet client at Slice Master instead of directly at CW Skimmer.  This way, you'll get spots from all CW Skimmer instances.  So check the Slice Master's setting and make sure to 'Enable aggregation server' in the Telnet section.  Keep an eye on the Slice Master status for error message about your choice of port numbers.

Now, with N1MM+ getting skimmer spots from Slice Master, it can process them and send them back out via it's UDP broadcast mechanism.  This is an N1MM+ option that must be enabled in its settings.  Then, in Slice Master's set up tab, you can enable the 'Listen for N1MM Logger+ broadcasts' option in the N1MM+ section.  Slice Master will pick the spots back up from there, but now they will have the "color" information (mults) that is used when the spots are sent to the radio via the API.

Also, note that this release of Slice Master has a bug that prevents CW Skimmer spots from showing up in SSDR *unless* you have enabled Slice Master's telnet aggregation server.  ...perhaps I should have called it the aggravation server?

--Don

Photo of Lasse Moell

Lasse Moell

• 85 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Don, thanks for trying to help... But I fear this is somewhat more complex :)Slice Master DO get spots on my Maestro BUT only on bands lower than 10 MHz... Or at least this is what I see, now that most HF bands are dead. Nothing shown on 14, but plenty of signals shown on skimmer. By pure luck I did QSY to 7 MHz, and was surprised to see skimmer spots show immediatley, and so on 3,5 MHz. Back to 14 NADA...  Suggestions??

mikeatthebeach .

• 247 Posts
  • 38 Reply Likes
Don,

Same here, I switched to 40meter and got a Local CW spot from CW
Skimmer to show up on SSDR 2.3.7 but when I switch to 20meters I get
nothing  (NADA) from local spots also even though I see 100's of Spots 
on CW Skimmer Chasing Baker Island DX !!!!

Mike
WB6DJI
(Edited)
Photo of K1DBO

K1DBO

• 414 Posts
  • 73 Reply Likes
Lasse, if CW Skimmer is launched from Slice Master (and you didnt modify it's settings after launch) and you have Slice Master's aggregation server running the frequency of the spot shouldnt matter.  It still sounds to me like the Slice Master aggregation server is not running.

If you have a minute, make zip file of the Slice Master config folder

C:\Users\<your name here>\AppData\Local\K1DBO\slice-master

and drop it in an email to me (Slice Master splash screen has an email address).  That will let me take a look at your logs and configuration.

--Don
Photo of Lasse Moell

Lasse Moell

• 85 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Don, I seem not to have the folder in that path...runing W7-Pro 64 SWE, but I managed to search for the folder. Will mail the stuff ASAP
Photo of Bob Young

Bob Young

• 16 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am not getting Slice-Master to run correctly. When I start the program I see a SmartSDR Client connected from IP 192.168.1.6 popup that scrolls continuously on the right side of my screen.

Any ideas?   
Photo of K1DBO

K1DBO

• 416 Posts
  • 73 Reply Likes
Hi Bob, 

That is a start up problem I've seen before.  It's usually related to the value in the callsign or nickname field stored in the radio.  If you have punctuation in either of those field, this can happen.  If not, send a zip file of your Slice Master config folder

C:\Users\<your name here>\AppData\K1DBO\slice-master

to the email on the Slice Master splash screen or to my email from QRZ.

--Don
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9148 Posts
  • 3466 Reply Likes
I am closing this post because it is a Praise post that has turned into a multiple support post for Slice Master

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.