Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

slice master install

Howard AE3T
Howard AE3T Member
edited March 2020 in Third-Party Software
I am having problems installing SM. I have installed it 2 times in 2 different folders and receive this same message from windows:

Windows can not access the specific device path or file. You may not have permission to access the item.

Any suggestions of what may be going wrong?

Answers

• Bvarcd
    Bvarcd Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I don't know the answer.  You will find somebody who does.  But let me say this about that... I know this stuff is not simple  but I hope Flex or somebody will make it simpler.  Before they come out with a new V4 I hope they simplify.   I've had connection problems with all the common digital interfaces. 
  • Alan C
    Alan C Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    you may want to try "Windows File Permission" - Google that. Could be permissions are not set correctly..

my .02
  • Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I am not at all computer oriented.  However, I find it difficult to see how Flex could make direct connection to FT8 much simpler. 
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Thinking Alan is on the right track. Are you possibly using a 3rd party security app?
  • Howard AE3T
    Howard AE3T Member
    edited May 2019
    Thanks for the help. It was a windows permission issue on just that file. It appears to be working fine now.
  • K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019

Howard,

Slice Master doesnt use an installer, so it's up to you to decide where you would like to extract the files from its zip.  It sounds like the places you have tried to extract to are systems folders that require administrator access.  The easiest way to get going with Slice Master is to extract its files to your Desktop folder.  When you do, you'll see its icon appear and you can just click on it to start it up.  You'll also get a copy of the release notes and the readme file too.  If you'd rather not clutter your Desktop, you can just open the zip then drag slice-master.exe and drop it on your Desktop.  By the time Slice Master hits version 1.0, I'll have a proper installer in-place. For now, though, you are on your own.

Note too that the first time you run Slice Master, Windows will as you to give it permission to access your network.  Doing so is necessary.  Otherwise, Slice Master wont be able to connect to your radio.

--Don

• Dudley  WA5QPZ
    Dudley WA5QPZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Glad you got the issue resolved Howard...   I was about to tell you to check your firewall program..

Dudley
  • bahillen
    bahillen Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Don 10.7 release has worked well for me. I have been running 4 slices of wsjt -x and several of the slices on JTDX at same time. Have not found issues yet. 73 Bill W9JJB
  • mikeatthebeach .
    mikeatthebeach . Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Bill What version of SSDR are you using Using Version 2.4.9 of SSDR Not sure if Version 3 of SSDR is ready For Prime Time Remote use with Slice Master Slice Master works great with Version 2.49 of SSDR with both WSJT-X for FT8 and CW Skimmer on a operating OS of Windows 10 Pro with a i7 PC here on my 6600M 73 Mike
  • bahillen
    bahillen Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I am using V3.0 and really missed not having SliceMaster. It is great to have it working again. FRStack is also working well with new features. I have not run remote with SliceMaster as I have to investigate more. One thing at a time I guess. 73 Bill W9JJB
  • K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Bill,

Thanks for the report.  

Slice Master still does not support remote operation through SmartLink.  So in that sense, remote operation with v3 is the same as it was with v2.

--Don
  • mikeatthebeach .
    mikeatthebeach . Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I use TeamViewer to Remote In To use Slice Master latest v0.7 revision on FT8 and V2.49 Works Great 73 Mike

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.