Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Slice Master getting audio not passing it along, won't connect DM 780

W2PP
W2PP Member ✭✭
edited May 2018 in Third-Party Software
So, two issues.
First, Slice B on its own Pan, connects to DAX a OK, I can see in the Mixer of slice master that slice master is getting the audio but WJSTx is not getting the audio for some reason.  Tried closing and re running DAX, Slice Master no good.

Problem two
When I ask it to connect to DM 780 it launches DM 780 but says "HRD not connected to a radio" don't know what to do about that one either.

Thanks
Peter

Answers

• K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Hi Peter,

After Slice Master launches DM780 does it look like its sound card configuration is correct?  It should match the DAX channel you have chosen for the slice.  What does the DM780 radio configuration look like?  it should read localhost port 7822.  Note that you should not have to change any of these values yourself.  Slice Master sets them for you.

--Don

• W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Sound card is correctly aimed at the DAX channel, inside the mixer slice master shows audio on that slice is being received properly.  DM 780 radio was listening on 7825, I changed to 7822 nothing.
    Right now I can't get Slicemaster to launch DM 780 for some reason.  Tried disabling it inside SM and re enabling after a minute won't go. 
    Peter
  • W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    OK, changed to a different DAX channel, and then it launched and connected.  Very very odd indeed.
    Something I supposed with WIN 1803??   I've had quite the adventure today getting things back up and running after Dayton

Peter
  • K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Great to hear it's working.  I cant explain why the radio control wasnt working but the dax issue does sound like a driver problem.  

• W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I'm leaving again in a few days, but when I return, I'm going to sort out why Slice B won't work with DAX 4.  Had to move to 8 to get it to go.
    Weird stuff.
    Peter
  • Rick Hadley - W0FG
    Rick Hadley - W0FG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    The 1803 'Upgrade' is known to do nasty things like renaming the DAX drivers incorrectly.  Check in Device Driver and make sure that your DAX4 driver isn't actually named something else.  I had to manually rename 3 or 4 of mine to get things working properly....in addition to manually deleting over 100 hidden drivers on the main shack computer.  This laptop, OTOH updated with no problems at all.  You just never know...

• W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Well this morning back to zero.  Will not connect.  Says that HRD is running, no firewall, but connect was actively refused......
    Thoughts?
    Peterimage
  • K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    That usually means DM780 is trying to connect to the wrong port.  I'd suggest a reboot to make sure we are starting from a clean slate.  Then, start up SSDR, then Slice Master.  If DM780 was configured to launch it will.  If not, adjust the launch settings in Slice Master and wait for DM780 to start.  The rig and audio settings will be correct.
  • W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    OK that seemed to be the issue.  I've now concluded as well that my DAX 4 channel is broken.  I can see audio going into SM, but when I use DAX 4 for either DM 780 or FT8 nadda.  Change to any other one, a OK.  

Thanks
    Peter

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.