Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Slice Master 6000 v0.9.20 now supports WSJT-X

K1DBO
K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
I've just uploaded Slice Master 6000 v0.9.20 to https://github.com/K1DBO/slice-master-6000 The README there is a good place to start if you are a new or prospective user.

If you are already following along you might be interested to know that automatic configuration and launching of WSJT-X is now supported.

Getting multiple instances of WSJT-X running with your radio has never been easier.  Just tell Slice Master when to launch it. Whenever switching into DIGU mode works for me.  Make sure your slice has a DAX audio channel selected before you attempt to launch.  Also, each instance needs to use it's own configuration.  By default, each slice is set to use a configuration based on the slice name.  You can choose to use one of your existing configuration if you like, or even make a new one by selecting <new>, typing a new name, and pressing Enter.  

If you do use an existing configuration be aware that Slice Master will adjust the soundcard and UDP server settings.  So you might need to change them back if you want to use that configuration again from outside of Slice Master.

I've made some cosmetic changes to the Mix tab too.

Each slice now shows a signal strength meter along with the level and pan controls.  Not only is it fun to watch, but I find that it's a handy way to know which slice is making all the noise when trying to focus my listening with the mute and solo buttons.

Please enjoy responsibly.

--Don

Comments

• Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    This should be fun.

I saw you corresponding with Laurie :)

• N8FNR
    N8FNR Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Any chance that you will be adding fldigi?

Zack N8FNR
  • John - K3MA
    John - K3MA Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I would second Fldigi!
  • N8FNR
    N8FNR Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    A lot of people also use DXLab Winwarbler too for RTTY and PSK.
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Don, one fantastic piece of software for the Flex community. This makes setting up CW Skimmer very, very easy and it's automatic after the setup. Unbelievably easy. Thank you
  • K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I put a bit of effort into including JTAlert support into this release but I couldnt get it to behave reasonably enough.  If Laurie is willing to fix a bug or add a startup option I'll be able to enable the option for launching JTAlert with each WSJT-X instance.  For now, you'll have to manage your JTAlert instances on your own.  I find that minimizing them when not is use works well enough.
  • K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I'd say there is a good change of adding fldigi.  My current thinking is that it might be more fun to add support for midi controllers first.  But fldigi is on the to-do list.
  • K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Winwarbler is also on the to-do list.  
  • K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Thanks Bob, you're welcome.
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Yes Don some nice work!
  • Rick Hadley - W0FG
    Rick Hadley - W0FG Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I've been using SDR-Bridge for years and was hesitant to make a switch, but with each successive Alpha version I've tested I've run into more and more problems getting CW Skimmer to load properly.  I intalled Slice Master this afternoon, and even though it took a few minutes to get things working properly, it's up and running.  What a cool program!  I think I'm going to be very happy with it, as i'm one of those guys who continually jump between frequencies and modes.  Great job!

• K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Thanks Mike.
  • K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Thanks for the kind words Rick.  Now I have to ask though... those few minutes it took to get things working, is there anything Slice Master could have done to speed up the process?  One of the goals is to minimize the setup time as much as possible.
  • N8FNR
    N8FNR Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Slicemaster is great. Made getting CWSkimmer and WSJT talking to the radio much easier for my new 6400. My compliments on your work Don.

Zack N8FNR
  • Rick Hadley - W0FG
    Rick Hadley - W0FG Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    No, I think whatever 'difficulties' I may have encountered were due to my setup here.  I have two Flex radios, a 6400 & a 6500, and when I switch between them, I sometimes forget I need to reselect the proper radio in CAT.  Once I got everything straightened out on my end all went well.  Slice Master is almost too simple.  It seems there ought to be more settings to have to mess with, but the dang thing just works!
  • K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Great!  

But two radios?  While Slice Master looks like it might let you switch between them, I'm just a few thousand short of being able to test that myself!

More settings?  Have you played with RIT/XIT?  How about all the stuff on the Sync tab or the secrets hiding in the Mixer?  But dont worry... even more settings are on the way.
  • K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Thanks Zack... I'm glad it's working out as intended!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.