Slice Master 6000 v0.9.0 beta release

• Idea
  • Updated 4 months ago
Every new program needs an exciting name... how does Slice Master 6000 sound to you?  Yeah, that's what I thought, too.

I was playing with the idea of launching a CW Skimmer instance per slice, rather than per DAX IQ channel because I wanted multiple skimmers but also wanted to run CW Skimmer Server in the background on as many bands as possible.  Slice Master 6000 let's me do this.  I thought others might like this too.

I'm calling this a beta release though alpha might be even more appropriate.  But, let's not get bogged down in naming conventions.  What you might choose to experience has not been widely tested.  I'm running it on Win7 and it seems to work well enough for me.  If you're up for an adventure give it a try and let me know if it works at all or how it can be improved.

The Getting Started instructions at https://github.com/K1DBO/slice-master-6000 should tell you the rest of what you need to know.

Enjoy.  

Photo of K1DBO

K1DBO

• 444 Posts
  • 75 Reply Likes

Posted 11 months ago

Photo of W5AP

W5AP

• 62 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Is there any way to save one's "Launch" settings?  I have to go through the launch settings everytime when starting SliceMaster to change from Never to when active to get the appropriate program to launch.  Thanks, Jim - W5AP
Photo of K1DBO

K1DBO

• 444 Posts
  • 75 Reply Likes
Hi Jim,

The launch settings are being saved. 

However, if a launched program dies an unexpected death, Slice Master will change the launch setting to Never.  If you manually close an application (by hitting its 'X' button or selecting 'Exit' from its menu) Slice Master considers that an unexpected death. 

My guess is that you are manually shutting down the application.  If not, please tell me a bit more about which application Slice Master is launching for you and how it is being shutdown.

Thanks.

--Don
Photo of Andy - KU7T

Andy - KU7T

• 192 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
What is the proper way to close SliceMaster? The way that keeps the settings... Would be good to have one. I would like to set and forget. I am using batch script to load the dozen of apps after reboot and would like the settings to be kept. Any way to do this Don?

Andy
KU7T
Photo of K1DBO

K1DBO

• 444 Posts
  • 75 Reply Likes
Andy,

The proper way to close Slice Master is to use its 'X' button.  If you do, any application that it launched will be closed too.  When you start it back up, (assuming the state of SSDR hasnt changed) everything that was running at shutdown will start back up again.

Note however, that settings from the Sync tab are not saved.  This was a design decision.  I thought it might be disorientating to have once slice start magically following another on start up.  I'd consider adding an option to the setup page to control this though, if those are the settings you are asking about.

--Don
(Edited)
Photo of Sergey, R5AU

Sergey, R5AU

• 846 Posts
  • 111 Reply Likes
Don, how I can change audio device to WDM in CW Skimmer ? 
Change allowed user in Skimmer ?
User password in skimmer?

Slice Master always starting with own defaults
(Edited)