Slice Master 6000 v0.10.7 is now available

• Idea
  • Updated 60 minutes ago
Version v0.10.7 adds basic Flex SSDR v3 support to Slice Master. 

The latest README is now available at https://github.com/K1DBO/slice-master-6000 and will tell you how to get started, or you can just download the latest zip from https://github.com/K1DBO/slice-master-6000/releases

If you are running SSDR v2 or SSDR v3 but not using any of the Multi-Flex features, you shouldnt notice anything new in this release.  If you are using Multi-Flex, and would like to specify the station for Slice Master to bind too, you'll be interested in the new
         --station STATION
start-up option.  This option can only be set at start up time so you'll need to either create a Slice Master shortcut for each station you'd like to bind to or start Slice Master from a cmd window.

I hope this release is less buggy than I expect it to be.  Please let me know how it goes.  Unreported problems rarely get fixed!

--Don

Photo of K1DBO

K1DBO

• 521 Posts
  • 107 Reply Likes

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of W9WLX-Chuck

W9WLX-Chuck

• 55 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
Thanks for all the work you've put into the program.

I'm having difficulty with getting it to launch WSJT-X.  No issues with CW Skimmer, skimmer launches and works as expected.  Using V3.

I verified that DAX is enabled on the slice and in the DAX control panel.  I started Slice Master from the cmd window and used the --station attribute.  I did have to take the space out of my station name in order for SM to recognize the station.  Also, started WSJT-X manually and then retried with SM-no change.  I am using 2.1.0 rc5.  Could this be causing an incompatibility issue?  

-Chuck
Photo of K1DBO

K1DBO

• 521 Posts
  • 107 Reply Likes
Thanks Chuck... you're right.  The problem was on my end.  I've uploaded a v0.10.7a to github.  It should take care of the WSJT-X problem.
Photo of Mario - KC8P

Mario - KC8P

• 57 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
The 0.10.7a works well. Thanks!
Photo of Rich McCabe

Rich McCabe

• 1105 Posts
  • 238 Reply Likes
I am on it. Will let you know Don

Rich
Photo of Rich McCabe

Rich McCabe

• 1105 Posts
  • 238 Reply Likes
So far so good. CW skimmer and WSJT working fine. Did not want to play at first. I deleted the slicemaster folder in my user folders and rebooted and took right off.

Photo of K1DBO

K1DBO

• 521 Posts
  • 107 Reply Likes
Great!  Thanks for the feedback Rich.

The config folder should have worked fine.  No changes in there since the last version.  Perhaps it was the reboot that really did the trick?
Photo of Rich McCabe

Rich McCabe

• 1105 Posts
  • 238 Reply Likes
Yea good chance it was reboot. When in doubt...
Photo of lz2be

lz2be

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Don,
CW skimmer often is spotting one station on 2 different frequencies, a proper and false at the same time.
I'm with 6600 v.3
73 Boyan
Photo of K1DBO

K1DBO

• 521 Posts
  • 107 Reply Likes
I'm going to have to dig into my notes on this one.  I sounds very similar to something that's been discussed before.  The short of it is that it's not a Slice Master problem but rather a DAX problem.  My guess is that your DAX drivers need some attention.  You might have other, still unnoticed, issues with them. 

A quick fix might be to tell CW Skimmer to use the WDM Soundcard Drivers instead of the MME drivers that Slice Master prefers.  But if that helps it only confirms my guess.
Photo of Boyan Petkov

Boyan Petkov

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Don,
No difference with MME or WDM drivers. Skimmer works OK with Afedri RX. DAX, CAT and SSDR are put in exception list of Firewall and antivirus.
It looks I have some problems with my DAXIQ installation, but I don't have any idea where to look.
I'm with Win10 Pro64.
73 Boyan
Photo of Rich McCabe

Rich McCabe

• 1105 Posts
  • 238 Reply Likes
Boyan,

I would start with this. Flex DAX is a little flaky and seems to require occasional rebuilding

https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/204017069-How-to-Manually-Re-Install-DAX-Drivers

Photo of Boyan Petkov

Boyan Petkov

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Rich,
thanks for link. I will try it next week when I come back at home.
73 Boyan
Photo of Boyan Petkov

Boyan Petkov

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I found the problem after few drivers uninstalls/installs :)
IQ drivers were set by default to 24bit 48kHz in my Sounds Playback/Recording Advanced settings.
Skimmer works OK when you set it to 48kHz, but there are a lot of wrong spots when is set to 96kHz or 192kHz.
I changed IQ drivers to 24bit 192kHz and Skimmer now works OK on 48, 96 and 192kHz without any false spot.
I left all other DAX drivers (RX, TX and Mic audio) to 48kHz.

73 Boyan
Photo of W9WLX-Chuck

W9WLX-Chuck

• 55 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
I tried what you suggested and I'm still seeing false spots on 48, 96, and 192 kHz.  Are there any other recommendations?  I don't recall seeing this on 2.4.9 and the compatible SliceMaster version.
Photo of W9TVX

W9TVX

• 54 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
Thank you so much for this program. I love it. Very much appreciated!
Photo of K1DBO

K1DBO

• 513 Posts
  • 103 Reply Likes
You're welcome!