Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Slice Master 6000 v0.10.1 is now available

13»

Comments

• K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Hi Mike,

It sounds like you're doing everything right.  The only thing you could have missed is that the bandmap can only be used with a pop-out panafall. If you are running SSDR 1.x you'll have to upgrade or wait for bandmap support in the main window.  In 2.x, each panafall has a small arrow in the upper right corner.  If you hit that, it will pop-out to it's own window and Slice Master will find it.

--Don

• Andy - KU7T
    Andy - KU7T Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Thanks Don. I went back to the older version to get RBN working. 

As a suggestion, do not change the formatting of the telnet feeds, just relay them. You know that CW skimmer will give you CW spots, no need to change the formatting to tell you more about the mode.

Thanks
    Andy
    KU7T
  • Andy - KU7T
    Andy - KU7T Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Don,
    Regarding the WSJT-X integration, here are the two issues that prevent me from using it with SM:

- Audio settings are not persisted.  I always defaults to Desktop Mic, and DAX MIC, both are not correct
    - rig control is not working. You explained that I should not change it from Ham radio deluxe. Well, I do not have Ham radio deluxe. In any case, even if I do not change it, the rig control is not working.  CAT button does not light up.  

These are not show stoppers, I can just launch WSJT-X myself and then the settings stay, but since you asked for bug reports.

I am running version 0.9. (because of the RBN issue).

Andy
    KU7T

• W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Don and I are working on the audio persistence issue, I think we've exchanged 90 emails and I don't know how many hours over the weekend!!!  Still don't have it though.
    Peter
    W2PP
  • K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Andy,

As Peter as said, over the weekend, we identified the audio device problem.  Knowing that it's not just Peter's computer is a big help.  Can you confirm that you are also running Win10?

The rig control behavior you are seeing is new.  If you have the time and want to play along please send me an email so we can work through this issue.

--Don

• Mike Sonn KF9AF
    Mike Sonn KF9AF Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Thanks for the reply Don.  That was the hint I needed, and it is working now.

I am running 2.x and that arrow you speak of, only exists IF more than one panadapter is open, AND only in the popped out p.a.

My flags are also small like W32RF mentioned above.

Mike
  • K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I'm happy to hear you got things working.  The next release will take care of problem with the text in bandmap. You wont have to wait very long.
  • Ian1
    Ian1 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Don

I am running Flex Smart SDR1.11.12 does this support Slice Master?

No matter what I try it doesn't seem to load the radio?

Ian
    KM4CQG
  • K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    While I havent tested it myself, Slice Master should would find with 1.x.  But, since 1.x doesnt support pop-out panafalls, you wont be able to use the bandmap.

Connecting to the radio shouldnt take any effort other than running Slice Master.  Is the Slice Master window showing on the screen?
  • Ian1
    Ian1 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Nope radio is not showing at all. I did select DM780 as a test. Ian
  • K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Ok so you are connected to the radio.  It sounds like you are able to launch DM780 but that is not working?  Are you seeing a signal in the DM780 waterfall?
  • KP2L
    KP2L Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I'm having trouble using wsjt-x as a spot source.   I have overlays enabled. Tried using localhost:2237 as the spot source under bandmap and I get an error. I'd like to see it while using FT8.  Any help appreciated. Thanks

Carl KP2L
  • K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Hi Carl,

For Slice Master to receive spots from WSJT-X, you must launch WSJT-X from Slice Master.  If you've done that, by default, all WSJT-X CQ spots will be posted to the bandmap and to the aggregation server.  The WSJT-X group in the settings tab has some additional controls.

The bandmap's spot sources are for sources external to Slice Master.  I can imagine adding once for an externally launched WSJT-X, but that option is not currently available.

--Don

• W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018

OK this is cool.  You can see three WSJT-X running, but notice that the SSB slice has the DX spots located within.....very cool.  Now if only we didn't have to pop them out!!
    Peter
    W2PP
  • Andy - KU7T
    Andy - KU7T Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Don,

Thanks for the excellent work again. 

is there any way to allow JTAlert to run with WSJT-X?  I am asking because that seems to be broken, possibly by the Slice master's rig control (just guessing). I (and many others) use JTAlert to log contacts to their different log book programs...  Maybe I am just missing something....

Andy
    KU7T
  • W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Andy, I'm using the most recent beta and its working here a OK.  When you say broken what do you mean, just refuses to hook up to WSJTX?  
  • Andy - KU7T
    Andy - KU7T Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I would like Slice master to launch 2 apps: WSJT-X and JTAlert.  And it seems JTAlert must be launched first, but I cannot say this for sure. I am pretty new to those digital modes (but my 6600M makes it so easy)...

Andy
    KU7T
  • W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Oh OK. SM doesn’t launch JTA. Launch SN turn in the ESTX in two slices they will will run. Then launch JTA A new copy of SM is either out or will be soon that fixes the audio persistent setting issue I ran it today and it’s solid
  • K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Andy,

A put a bit of time into having Slice Master automatically launch JTAlert.  It almost works but there is show stopping bug in JTAlert that prevents it from attaching to the correct WSJT-X instance.  

I've found that the best workaround is to just launch as many JTAlerts as you might need and let them find the WSJT-X instances are they are launched.  You can keep the JTAlerts minimized when not in use and they will spring to life when needed.

I'm keeping my eye on JTAlert developments and will re-enable the auto-launch for it when it's ready.

--Don

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.