Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Slice frequency display partially covered by text in upper right of slice flag

Steve - N4TTY
Steve - N4TTY Member
edited April 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I've notice that the frequency displayed on the slice flag is partially covered by the text in the upper right corner of the slice flag.  The text is "SLICE TX" and the slice letter (A or B or C and etc).

Is this normal, or something to do with my video setting on the PC?  If I hide the slice flag the frequency is move up and to the left of the slice letter.  If that is just the way it works, I can live with it.

And by the way it is the 2.2.8 version of SmartSDR.

STeve G./N4TTY

Answers

• Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Picture please.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    If you do not have the correct font that will happen. I dont remember the name of it.
  • Steve - N4TTY
    Steve - N4TTY Member
    edited May 2018
    I'll get a picture uploaded, but it will have to be tomorrow. And I'm just using the default Windows font. Have never changed the font type of size. But I will double check all of that.
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Luckily, Flex has the font download available in the Support > Downloads section of the main Flexradio website.

http://www.flexradio.com/downloads/napoliserial-xlight-regular-zip/

I found it by entering "Font" into the downloads page Search box.

#FlexRadio IRC chat

73, Jay - NO5J

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    You might also check that Font Scaling is set to 100% in Windows > Settings > Display > Scale and Layout. 

Windows controls the sizing of some of the Fonts in SmartSDR.

Use 100% scaling, or experiment and  find another larger scaling setting that you can stand to use.

#FlexRadio IRC chat

73, Jay - NO5J

• Rick Hadley - W0FG
    Rick Hadley - W0FG Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I'm pretty sure this has come up before, and it's definitely a Windows font issue.  No such problems here on either of my computers.
  • Steve - N4TTY
    Steve - N4TTY Member
    edited May 2018
    Well, I apologize for the noise, it is definitely a local issue.  This was a relatively new PC that had never had SmartSDR loaded before, so it was the first time I had viewed SmartSDR on this PC.  On my laptop that has had several different versions of SmartSDR, I don't have this issue.  Thanks for the feedback guys and again sorry about the extra chatter.

Steve G./N4TTY
  • David Ahrendts
    David Ahrendts Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Here's what it does on my display. 
  • David Ahrendts
    David Ahrendts Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Kudos to Jay NO5J. Installing the Napoli Serial Xlight font cured the display issue, and actually made the Flex display crisper all around. Thanks!

David A., KK6DA, Los Angeles

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.