Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

slice dump settings

Mark Erbaugh
Mark Erbaugh Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR API
I'm running SSDR and trying to use FlexLib.API to display (and later, input) radio settings. When my program first connects to the radio, it receives a bunch of property messages about the settings of the radio, but it only receives property messages about slice properties when those properties change. Is there a way to get messages about the current slice properties when my app first connects to the slice?  It would be nice to make my display program totally message driven. It would update the display when it gets a new message, but how do I get the current values?

Answers

• W4WHL
    W4WHL Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Not sure I 100% understand your question.  But if you send command "sub slice all"  it will return all the information on current open slices.  It also subscribes so that all future changes will be sent to the client.

But not sure if this is what you were asking.

William
  • Mark Erbaugh
    Mark Erbaugh Member ✭✭
    edited April 2015
    William,  that is what I am looking for, but I'm looking for a way to do it using the FlexLib API.  I think the sub slice all is a TCP/IP command.
  • rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Edit: provided incorrect info -- looks like the sub commands happen after you connect() to the radio. Try adding a sleep/delay after you connect to give it time to get the data.  This is from radio.cs:                  // subscribe for status updates                 SendCommand("sub tx all");                 SendCommand("sub atu all");                 SendCommand("sub meter all");                 SendCommand("sub pan all");                 SendCommand("sub slice all");                 SendCommand("sub gps all");                 SendCommand("sub audio_stream all");                 SendCommand("sub cwx all");                 SendCommand("sub xvtr all");                 SendCommand("sub memories all");                 SendCommand("sub daxiq all");                 SendCommand("sub dax all");
  • Peter K1PGV
    Peter K1PGV Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

Hi Mark,

You're exactly right:  The Slice and Radio Property Changed callback is exactly that. It's called when the value for a property changes.

As soon as the slice or radio instance is created you can read the value of the property.  For example, I do this for a set of Slice properties directly in my Slice Added callback:

private void radio_SliceAdded(Slice slice)

{

Debug.WriteLine("radio_SliceAdded fired
    ");

_theSlice = slice;

//

// Initialize the slice attribute displays

//

// We don't get a "changed" event if a slice already exists when we start.

//

RxFilterLowTextBox.Text = _theSlice.FilterLow.ToString(CultureInfo.InvariantCulture);

RxFilterHighTextBox.Text = _theSlice.FilterHigh.ToString(CultureInfo.InvariantCulture);

rxWidthTextBox.Text =

( _theSlice.FilterHigh - _theSlice.FilterLow).ToString(CultureInfo.InvariantCulture);

AGCTrackBar.Value = _theSlice.AGCThreshold;

currentACGLabel.Text = _theSlice.AGCThreshold.ToString(CultureInfo.InvariantCulture);

//

// Display the current frequency

//

VFO1.Frequency = _theSlice.Freq;

... (etc) ...

(Man, it's hard to post code in this forum...  I wonder if we can get a plug-in or something installed that'd make posting formatted code easier and prettier).

Anyhow, pretty easy, huh??

Peter

K1PGV

• Mark Erbaugh
    Mark Erbaugh Member ✭✭
    edited April 2015
    I tried setting the ProgramName and I'm still not seeing the properties that are already set on the slice.
  • Mark Erbaugh
    Mark Erbaugh Member ✭✭
    edited April 2015
    I think I have have to do that.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.