Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Single jack for both Microphone and headset.

Options
Ken AG2K
Ken AG2K Member ✭✭
edited August 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
My laptop has a single jack for both headset/speakers and microphone. Has anyone figured out how to use the external microphone without disabling internal speakers? I have a "Y" cable to separate out speaker and microphone. Obviously when anything is plugged in the internal speakers disable.
Ken
AG2K

Answers

• Roger_W6VZV
    Roger_W6VZV Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Options
    You can have the internal speaker to the 6400M enabled even if you have headphones plugged in.
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Options
    You could use a usb microphone.
  • JohnSweeney
    JohnSweeney Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Anyone with a laptop has this issue - the easiest answer is to buy a $5 USB sound card. They are tiny and have separate Mic/Ear jacks. You can then still use the internal speaker.
  • Ken K7YR
    Ken K7YR Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Check Amazon....... They have several different conversion cables that will do the job...... $5 ~ $10.  I have been using one for several years now.

Ken K7YR
  • Ken AG2K
    Ken AG2K Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Ken do you have a recommendation for a cable? The ones I've tried all disabled the internal speakers. 
    So far it looks like the USB option may be the way to go.. I'll need to get a small USB hub. 
    I've been trying to eliminate everything hanging off the laptop.
    Thanks

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.