Single antenna operation

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
Apologies for what seems to be a very stupid and basic question but how do you use a Flex (6700 in this case) radio with a single antenna?  I have one off center fed dipole and I need to use it for both TX and RX but that seems to be not possible??  When I configure the TX and RX on the same antenna the radio just drops out (RX goes dead) like there is no antenna connected at all.  How do you configure things to use the same antenna for both TX and RX.

I guess I am used to radios where you just connect an antenna to a port and it just works for TX and RX seamlessly.

Up until now the radio has been used as SWL only...

Thanks
Photo of Gary Schulz

Gary Schulz

• 48 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Gary Schulz

Gary Schulz

• 48 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Thanks for the suggestion.  Just tried the tuner and it remains in this same state.  When both TX and RX are on the same antenna I get no receive.  If I switch the TX to Ant 2 the RX works fine.
Photo of Dudley - WA5QPZ

Dudley - WA5QPZ, Elmer

• 172 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
Sounds like you Split enabled to a ghost slice..   If you close slice A ,  does a Slice B appear?   I can't remember how split worked in version 1.9
Photo of Gary Schulz

Gary Schulz

• 48 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
If I close this single slice then I get no slices on the screen.  Nothing else appears.
Photo of Gary Schulz

Gary Schulz

• 48 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Not sure, I will have to check. Wouldn't that condition be wiped out when doing a reset?
Photo of Mark - WS7M

Mark - WS7M

• 1270 Posts
  • 479 Reply Likes
Can you just try plugging your antenna into Ant 2, set RX and TX to Ant2 and see what you see?

I am wondering if you have an ESD diode issue.
Photo of Gary Schulz

Gary Schulz

• 48 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
Same issue with Ant 2. If I plug in the antenna into the Ant 2 connector then the receiver drops out when I put the TX on Ant 2. Exact same situation either way on both Ant 1 and Ant 2!