Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Shutdown procedure on 6000 Series Radio

KB5XE
KB5XE Member
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Always get the error message on shut down of radio. Shut down radio and wait, then shut power off. What is the proper procedure? This is still happening on latest release.

Answers

• K2CM
    K2CM Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    What is your shutdown sequence? I "x" out of Power SDR, then power off the radio. I get no errors under 0.16.4.
  • KB5XE
    KB5XE Member
    edited September 2013
    That is my method also. 1. Shut down SDR software. 2. Pust button on front of radio and wait. No changes while waiting. 3. Shut off power to radio. Get the error message and then it shuts down.
  • Joe WD5Y
    Joe WD5Y Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    I believe what you might be seeing is the over/under voltage error on the power supply shutdown. The radio monitors the incoming power even after the front power switch is off. I believe this is normal and nothing to worry about as the radio monitors power once it is on the incoming terminals. 73's Joe WD5Y
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    There was a previous post several weeks ago about this exact low PS voltage error message. It is not a problem.
  • KB5XE
    KB5XE Member
    edited March 2017
    You are correct. I have found that if I shut power off on radio and within a few seconds, shut off the power supply, it does not give the error message. So I assume the radio is monitoring the voltage, and is still seeing 13.8V. on shutdown. All is well then. Sure will be nice to get the manual in V.1.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    You are 100% correct. You are getting a low voltage error message when the voltage goes below 9 VDC

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.