Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Shutdown button in SSDR

Chris DL5NAM
Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
edited April 2020 in New Ideas
It would be a nice a needed function in SSDR to have a shutdown button. This button should have same function like the hardware button at our F6.

WHY?
If i work my station remote i have a bad feeling at end of session to switch only the power off the PSU and "****" the F6.

Much better will be to shutdown normal way the F6 - using a soft button in SSDR and F6 goes into standby.

If you like this idea, click ME TOO button ( upper right corner)

73 Chris

Comments

• Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Chris

If you shut down the radio like this with SSDR, how would you start it up again?  Or, are you asking for it to go to some sort of sleep mode?

Personally, I do use a web switch with the Remote on/off hardware control on the back of the radio.  Have you reviewed this at all?  I believe this gives me better over all control.  www.remoteqth.com

Mike

• Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Mike, my shack is filled with many stuff from RemoteQTH and Jan is a good friend of mine ( also Mike the programmer lif very close to me :-)

No, the idea behind is: if i am home, work with my F6 and want stop working then i push the power button of the F6 and there after i switch all power of in my shack (before i have also shutdown my PC).

In case of remote i like todo it in same manner. Not only to switch off the main power switch for the shack and ready

Maybe i am wrong in case of F6.

If i like to restart the F6 - yes there is the PSU for F6 to switch on again.
    The power button of the F6 can only reached if F6 and SSDR run.

Including this type of function (soft button) cant be a big job for FRS.

We will see next week, maybe any FRS technican answer to this idea

• Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Hi Chris ... sorry, I had no idea.

I've had a few questions for Dan, but he has stopped replying to me.  I really want to exploit his stuff as it is very well done.   I wish I was an HTML coder.

We have a few of their antenna switches at our contest station.   I have the web switch I will likely sell since I also can't use it from the Web, only the hardware console.  l

Mike 
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    .... how many LAN switches you need ?! :-)

• Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    This is my current one. In action right now. image
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Sad, no comment from FRS till today !
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I think a sleep mode with WOL would be good. However there still needs to be some minimal part of the system running for network connectivity for SmartLink. 

Today though you can rig up something if you really want to turn the radio off. 
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Ria, i am still in Croatia and work my station at home. If i start i switch Power On via LAN, then i select my antenna and then i start SSDR. There after i can only switch Power Off to finish the F6. I never do this with any of my PC's. I hate this. (I lost many SD-Card from my Raspi - that's why they have an USV as Option) A soft shutdown will be easy to integrate in SSDR . The Maestro has also a Shutdown Funktion - it's also only a Tablet. A Shutdown in case of F6 is a Sleep Mode - a LED is every on (means some parts always under power ) . So WOL is the max. what we can get. A 100% Power Off is not possible - i know. A small step for FRS a great step for the the F6 community :-). (Have done a Copy/Paste )
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    The power button is indeed a soft shutdown. Holding down the power button is a hard shutdown, but a single press is not. I am not really following though. If you really want to shut down the rig remotely, you can get a webswitch and connect a relay to the power on connector in the back. This way even if the radio is off you can turn it back on.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited August 2017
    We do not usually comment on Idea posts as not to bias the feedback.  Sorry, you're sad.  Have a beverage of your choice and be happier ;-)
  • Jon_EA2W
    Jon_EA2W Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Chris, I don ́t know if I understand well what you mean.
    Isn ́t the "REM ON" RCA connector on the back of the F6 doing a soft shutdown?
    I use it to power on and off my F6 without issues, and I suposed it ́s doing the same as the front panel power button.

Please correct me if I ́m wrong
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited August 2017
    Jon, you are right.  REM ON is how to remotely boot up and shut down your radio remotely.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.