Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Show Us Your FlexRadio for 2020!

KC2QMA_John
KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas

Well 2019 is here and its time to clean and re organize our shacks its also a good time to take a nice picture of your shack or station showing your FlexRadio in action.

I will start with a picture of my Maestro in use in the listening room at my recording studio in Nashville.

I take the Maestro to work with me sometimes so I can play radio during downtime. I just connect to the WI-FI and I’m on the air!

Comments

• Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Nice stereo! What are those speakers?

• KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019

They are a custom made 4 way system based on Electrovoice/Thiele design. 91 dB efficiency and go down to 26Hz!

• Gary Wise
    Gary Wise Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    My wife got a new 10" Tablet from Santa so I got her old 8" Dell Venue Eight. So what do I do? Make a portable station of course!

Teamviewer to control the Hamshack computer (Device Power, antenna selection, logging). SmartSDR to access the 6600. and VNC Viewer to control the Amplifier (RF-Kit B26 2K+). It just works!

73 de W4EEY
  • Johan _ SE3X
    Johan _ SE3X Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019

Moved my 6700 and some other stuff "down under"  Will re-build the whole radioschack during 2019 and everything that can be automated and moved "down under" .. Will be!

Maestro and VFO allowed to stay on table top. I really need to tidy up the schack soon.
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019

Wow nice collection!

• KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019

It's so cool that you can run SmartSDR on fairly inexpensive windows tablet. I use a FlexControl with my tablet and makes operation a dream.

• KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    It will be nice to have Multi-Client capability in the future ! Imagine 2 Maestro's running together at the same time!
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Johan, your Flex has been **** in a lot of dust....
  • Gary F
    Gary F Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    This is the new 6400 at the Shenandoah Valley ARC, W4RKC.  It is configured for both local and remote operation.  A 119 ft inverted "L" antenna is installed using an SGC 239 coupler.  All is working fantastically.
  • K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

Have both a Flex 6600m and an Icom 7300
    Two Mac Minis hidden behind large monitor running mac digital s/w with gigabit switch and a Gigabit router network setup
    and
    6x2 antenna matrix switch, Rotor control and KPA500 with LDG AT1000ProII on left side of station
    and
    of course my Coffee Mug as the most essential item

Paul K3SF
  • Johan _ SE3X
    Johan _ SE3X Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    @ VA3WTB Bill, yes my 6700 approaching It's yearly Clean Up. I have been waiting for new fans. Ordered just recently, together with the others, and would have liked to have them on hand when taking it apart, if I should need em.
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Lots of stuff right at your fingertips. Nice.
  • Justin W4JTD
    Justin W4JTD Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019

Here is my setup. I made the shelves, and used some desk mount monitor arms so the screens swing out of the way to get to all the wiring. 

I'm using a Mac Pro to run everything (W10 and MacOS using Parallels), with 6700, AG, and PGXL plus a DEMI LDPA and 70cm Transverter for full duplex satellite ops. The RigRunners do a good job of switching everything on or off just by using the remote power switch on the 6700. G-5500 az/el rotator control with LVB Tracker. All of Don's DogPark mac software or SSDR in W10, as needed, and of course gigabit ethernet. 

Thanks to the others for sharing their pics, seeing such tidy stations gives me motivation to maybe clean mine up a bit more some day...   ;-)   Despite my best attempts I still have quite a bit of cable chaos. 

Justin
    KL2D

• John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Thanks John. Since being introduced to the Flex by Bill W2PKY, it's all I ever use. Now I have a shack full of junk collecting dust. After using the Flex there is no going back.
  • Oxford English
    Oxford English Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I see the Flex knob and, I think, the PG Amp, but I don't see the Flex radio - or is it staring me in the face and I can't see it for drooling over some of your other toys?

Tim
  • Justin W4JTD
    Justin W4JTD Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Hi Tim - Good eye! It’s in the top pic , to the left of the amp, under the speaker. Kinda hard to see since everything is black. I have it pulled out in the bottom pic, the one that shows the monitors swung out. I had forgotten it was gone in that photo. ;-) Justin KL2D
  • Mike Sonn KF9AF
    Mike Sonn KF9AF Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Flex 6500, run with a home built PC modeled after the Abroham Neal PCs, into 2 - 20" and 1 - 24" Dell monitor.  Power enhancement via an Expert 1.3K-FA, into a TH-11 at 70'.  One additional home built PC for Packetcluster, general internet and backup for the Flex, into a 24" Dell and a 32" Samsung TV which works great for a monitor also when not showing DirecTV.

• k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Maestro and sounder. Flex-6500 in equipment closet.
  • Oxford English
    Oxford English Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Now you point it out, it is obvious - as I said, to busy looking at everything else!
    Tim
  • Stephen Hawkins NG0G
    Stephen Hawkins NG0G Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    My station de NG0Gimage
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    My station de W1GLV, Gainesville, Florida

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.