Should the RF power indicator have an indication when using the Transverter.

• Question
  • Updated 7 months ago
  • (Edited)

I recently received my DEMI LNA / PA VHF Unit to complete my 2 Meter capability. I am having some problems with interfacing the unit. It appears that I need two separate PTT inputs. One to Key the FLEX 6700 and one to key  the amp. Very cumbersome if true. The LNA works well; however, on the transmit side, I key the amp using the Cable for the Flex and use VOX to Key the Flex, not a good way to operate when using a repeater! I'll figure it out, but it would help if the power indicator would give a " Relative power out" indication to aid in knowing what the transmit status is. Sooo does the xverter indicate power out or have I missed something? (As usual :)

I found the answer to the keying problem. In retrospect the answer was obvious, use one the  three tx key lines. I was thinking transmitter rf, not key line. RT#M stupid. Oh well it would still be nice to have the relative power indication on the Flex display . The DEMI is in a location where I need to bend over to see the front panel display under the desk. TKS to the community.

Photo of Mike - AG6BF

Mike - AG6BF

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Hugh - VA3TO

Hugh - VA3TO

• 44 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
#METOO