Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Should I get maestro and forget using the computer ... I have a Flex -6500. Advantages vs disadvant

2»

Answers

• Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited December 2016
    Hey Walt. I was here for that but I think it shot right on past me. It has been a very long time since I was anywhere near a Linux machine, RH 6.0 on a VALinux Xeon box I think? Basically I had been through all the OS wars and Gates beat me down.

I forgot all about the filter buttons under the mode dropdown on the flag. I agree, the default filter widths are a good selection but I often make use of the filter adjustment on the spectrum display to clean up some close-in CW. Thanks for reminding me they are there. Oddly, I just noticed the buttons in the flag provide more options than the buttons on the RX panel.

DIGU Flag: 100, 300, 600, 1.0K, 1.5K, 2.0K, 3.0K, 5.0K
    DIGU RX: 100, 300, 1.0K, 1.5K, 3.0K, 5.0K

A little inconsistent.
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Yes, I am at work. I work like 50-60 hours a week. 
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    A limitation of real estate
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    And I am sure that's why they added that facility. I asked only because that's exactly what I did with XPSSDR, each Pan is it's own window (small w) and the radio control is in it's own window. Likely my favorite vid was when I opened two pans and stretched each window across 2 monitors, Then I had 2 20" monitor. Now I have 4 monitors the orig 2 20" which now flank 2 24". I discovered something interesting though. I can not stretch the pan beyond 2 1/2 monitors before the spectrum display won't increase anymore. I don't know who imposed that limitation. I suspect it is flex as once I breach that, for lack of a better word, max X, the updates stop flowing to the spectrum (upper) viewport, the waterfall works just fine at max width. I am guessing the updates stop when x exceeds 4,000 pixels. I don't recall seeing a published upper limit. Which is not to say it doesn't exist in print somewhere.

And you're right, the 9th is for the combo box. At the time I didn't recall whether it was 3x3 or 3x4.

Ah RHEL, I like RHEL. I used to be a regular at the RedHat Summit in Boston. RHEL 7 is, from my understanding, a fully flushed out Fedora 21.I have CentOS 7.1 as an image in my OpenStack cloud along with Fedora 21.

I did kind of smile to myself when it sure sounded like you were describing XPSSDR. For Linux, the pans default to separate windows but in Android they default to pinned as there is insufficient real estate to have separate windows but, they are tabbed so should I open 1+ there are multiple concurrently running pans.

My career went somewhat the opposite of that. I used to be very much a Windows ****. Once I got really comfortable with Linux, I severed my interest in Windows, professionally and personally. Actually it had more to do with MSDN.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    TNF is the best thing ever on a contest. I can't live without it. It is not available on the Maestro. Someone not familiar with TNF won't miss it. I do.
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Kevin

Sure, I'm good on QRZ.

SDRgadgets

73, Jay - NO5J

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Losing some features is one reason why I did not get a maestro but I did test drive Dave, WO2X's before I even had a flex radio. I can see the appeal for contesters where there is the need for focus and minimalist controls.  However I would like to see maestro improved with some features that are in smartsdr
  • KA1RYF
    KA1RYF Member
    edited November 2016
    Thank you!!

• KA1RYF
    KA1RYF Member
    edited November 2016
    I can't thank everyone enough for all the replies .... It has been a great deal of help!
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Me too

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.