Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Short video showing DX Labs Commander and Spot Collector working with SmartSDR 3.0

David Decoons, wo2x
David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Here is a short video of DX Labs Commander and Spot Collector working with SmartSDR 3.0
https://youtu.be/3_ZdeK4E958

Yes, there some features that do not work:
RX button in Commander (who uses it)?
MUTE from DX Labs

These are what have been identified so far. I do not use those functions.

The functionality in DX Labs that allow me to see new DXCC wanted for bands/bandslots works fine.

Dae wo2x

Comments

• David Decoons, wo2x
    edited June 2020
    I am in the process of uploading a better quality video. Please standby...

Dave wo2x

• David Decoons, wo2x
    edited November 2019
    Here is the link to a higher quality video. Sorry for the washed out look but it is due to my use of HDR on my 4K monitor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgw2Mr6eLjA&t=11s 

Dave wo2x
  • Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Dave,

Excellent video and my experience exactly. There no feature in DXLabs that I use that is not working. If you start a second SmartSDR or Maestro client then that will show up in VFO 2 in DXLabs. I think the situation has been really overblown. Dave makes the best DX Chasing logging software on Planet Earth and I really appreciate his dedication and support.

By the way, N1MM+, WSJTX, JTAlert, and the alpha version of SDR Bridge are all working perfectly as well. I haven't found a piece of software yet that is not working with version 3.0.

Mack
    W4AX
    Alpha Team
  • IK8HCG
    IK8HCG Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Does both works with ssdr 2.4.9?
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    edited April 2019
    Yes. Commander and Spot Collector work great in 2.4.9 with no known issues. Dave wo2x
  • Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019

Thanks for the video David.  How about testing WinWarbler and see if it will function ?  Not sure if it uses or needs PTT to work.  Anyone using WinWarbler ?  I used to for CW but havent in a long time.
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    edited June 2020
    I think Dave mentioned there was an issue with PTT. I will give it a try. I use N1MM+ for RTTY using Gritty and Two Tone. Will post my results later. Dave wo2x
  • W9YU
    W9YU Member
    edited April 2019
    I just downloaded V3 and haven't found any problem using DXLabs yet.  I haven't done extensive testing.  
  • Dave AA6YQ
    Dave AA6YQ Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Mack W4AX while I appreciate your enthusiasm, you could not be more wrong: if you use SmartSDR v3's multiFlex capability - its primary newfeature - Commander will be unable to interact with your Flex 6XXX.

Even if you don't use multiFlex, Commander will be unable to switch your 6XXX between RX and TX -- critical functionality for digital mode operation.

In both cases, this is the result of incompatible changes made in SmartSDR v3.

The bar for quality software is "all advertised capabilities perform as documented", not "the subset of capabilities I use work". DXLab running on SmartSDR v2 achieves this level; DXLab on SmartSDR v3 does not.

The last thing anyone should be doing is lowering the bar for what constitutes quality software.
  • Scott N2SAB
    Scott N2SAB Member
    edited November 2019
    Dave,

I have looked at the video 3 or 4 times, trying to get the spots to appear on the waterfall with DXlabs with no luck, am I just missing something very small? the FRSTACK icon does show up when I enable spots.
  • Dave AA6YQ
    Dave AA6YQ Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Scott, you'll find step-by-step instructions here:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/FlexSignatureDisplayCallsigns

If that doesn't get you going, please let me know.

• Scott N2SAB
    Scott N2SAB Member
    edited November 2019
    Dave,

Amazing what a couple of checkmarks will provide. Everything works as it should now.

Great suite of programs!!!!
  • Dave AA6YQ
    Dave AA6YQ Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I'm glad you've got it working to your satisfaction, Scott!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.