Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Shipping outlook.....

K5ROX
K5ROX Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Please only answer if you work with or for Flex.

Ok batch 1 is being shipped now.... is there an rough guess to what order dates it will fulfill?

6400... thru approx. order date.
6400M... thru approx. order date.
6600... thru approx. order date.
6600M... thru approx. order date.

Second question, if and when is second batch expected to Austin?

This simple info will helps lot of people get off edge of seat........

Answers

• David Kowell
    David Kowell Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I ordered mine in oct  and paid it off in full jan 11 was told I would see mine end of feb. some idea  of order date /ship date would be nice  would sure cut down on phone calls to order desk
  • Doug
    Doug Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Maybe you missed this post from Gerald Youngblood the President a couple of days ago, let me paste it here for you

Some of this will be repetition but let me provide some clarity on the process.  
    1. All models are shipping.  We are invoicing and shipping every day.
    2. The factory builds in batches by model number for quality control and to maximize efficiency.  Unfortunately, the flow from the factory does not necessarily match the exact backlog order sequence.
    3. This means that some orders will ship out of sequence.
    4. The "M" models require significantly more hand labor than the non-M models thus throughput is lower on those models.
    5. We are working with the factory to more closely align with our model backlog sequence but there is a practical limit when dealing with a batch manufacturing process.
    6. We are adding more internal resources to handle the peak loading on operations due to the large order backlog.  
    We thank you for your patience as we catch up with the backlog over the next few weeks.  Unless you have a specific problem with your order we request that you minimize calls and emails so that the team can focus on shipping radios.  

Thanks and 73,

• Rick  WN2C
    Rick WN2C Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Patience grasshopper. They will build it and it will come.

Ordered 5/24/17, shipped 2/5/18 and received 2/9/18.
  • Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    C'mon, just call Flex and ask what their prediction is for your order!! I might be over-reacting but these discsussions just seem to be aimed at 'another long delay to get my radio' rant!
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Gerald summed it up pretty well. The factory and staff are so busy assembling, testing and final QA that it the exact prediction is not as simple as you think. That is why when we talk to you, it isn't always so black and white. And, thanks to social media, everything gets blown out of proportion. Sorry, but we are peddling as fast as we can. 73
  • vinnie
    vinnie Member
    edited February 2018
    I agree with your answer. Isn’t it enough we’ve all been reading the same endless production problems facing Flex regarding these new radios over the course of the last several weeks. The first announcement back in mid January was the delivery of transceivers shipped to the beta testers for software integrity. The following communication was directed at the batch processing build of radios via the random conveyer belt assembly process. Then followed by this recent quote:  “We are working with the factory to more closely align with our model backlog sequence but, there is a practical limit when dealing with a batch manufacturing process." This sounds more like malarkey or a tactful way of saying the end of the backlog will continue for six more weeks since Punxsutawney Phil didn’t see his shadow.   
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    And your point is?
  • K5ROX
    K5ROX Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Michael, all I'm asking is..... the current batch of radios now in Austin, will goto orders given near what approx date?

Example.... Orders taken after 2017 will have to wait for next batch.
    Example .... if you ordered before June 2017 you may get shipped from current batch.

Answering this I think will stop a lot of people asking so much.
  • Jim-KB1ZNV
    Jim-KB1ZNV Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Problem is that if you call or email Flex they just don't know due to the way Flex chose to produce various modals in batches. I am a first time Flex user and ordered a 6600M on 5/23/17 and been waiting over 3 weeks since my paid invoice for a shipping email. Unfortunately I have no choice but to either continue waiting or cancel my order. We''ll see what happens this week.
  • Mark  K1LSB
    Mark K1LSB Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Apparently you didn't comprehend Gerald's statements as posted by Doug above.

Listen again to what Gerald said:

1) The "M" models are significantly more labor intensive to build.

2) The factory is building in batches to maximize efficiency.

3) The build order is consequently not exactly co-aligned with backlog sequence.

4) This means that some orders will ship out of sequence.

So it's possible that someone who ordered a non-"M" model in July may get his radio shipped in the current batch, but someone who ordered an "M" model earlier than that (in June, for example) might not.
  • James Whiteway
    edited February 2018
    Dave, knowing when you ordered your radio, I would be willing to bet you will get it much quicker than I or others who ordered last May and afterwards. I know it's not much consoluation, but, once they do get the preorders from last year out, I think shipping of newer orders will be much faster and smoother. Besides, for their own reasons, FRS will not reveal the exact data you are asking for. Believe me, I know this for a fact. I've annoyed them quite a bit over the same thing and the results are the same as others here have stated. You'll just be stressing yourself out trying to push the issue. Just realize that FRS IS a small company that sells a product that there is a great demand for, and it is hard for them to keep up with. Plus, I personally think their intentions are good, but they far underestimate the time etc. to meet their anticipated demand for their products. So, we all either need to adjust to that and understand it, or do as I think, I will do, should they announce another, can't live without radio, wait till they are in stock and ready for immediate shipment, before buying. It's not worth stressing over, otherwise. James WD5GWY still just an old Advanced Amateur! :-)
  • Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    This is what happens when you want to be the first on your block with a new toy. You're in such a rush to get it and then all you do is complain if the first batch is late or has bugs.

Complaining to Flex about your late order will not make the process go any faster. Stop nagging them. You'll get your radio when you get it.

Next time wait until it's been out a while and in stock. Then you'll get it right away and most or all bugs will be fixed.

The 6700 was out for years before I bought one and it is absolutely the best radio I've ever had. I will never buy another brand. I'm sure it had bugs and delays when it was first introduced but much of that was resolved long before I bought mine which took about 1 week after my order to get here.

The few issues I had were my own fault and were very quickly answered by Flex. They have the best customer service I've ever experienced. Top notch!

These are all new models and issues are to be expected. Give them time to work out the kinks and I'm sure you'll be happy in the long run.
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Pat,

So glad you enjoy your FLEX-6700!

The good news is that there are very very few product related kinks.  Everything we are working on is related to normal production start up learning curve and getting the product mix coordinated between actual order sequence and the factory build sequence.  This is very different from when the FLEX-6700/6500 were first launched because the all of new models are all built on the existing SmartSDR platform, which is now very 

Gerald
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    You can always get an icom 7610 with all the issues its having now and that will help get 1 person less backlog and speed up the delivery ... you might even save a few bucks since they just dropped the price by $340 but it still wont do full duplex.
  • K5ROX
    K5ROX Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Mark,Apparently you didn't read my question...... or my asking for employee's to reply only.
    Its still not been answered.
  • K5ROX
    K5ROX Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Thanks... that covered my answer, At one time a second batch was talked about and now I see its more of a flow then batches ...... I think this info will ease a lotta people like me into simply waiting.

I wont ask.... ill just watch for when other get theres and figure I'm in there somewhere in a sorta orderly fashion as production allows.
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    David, I responded to your question 3 hours ago to the best of my ability. I have definitely been an employee since we started in 2003. ;>) 73, Gerald
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Do you have any credentials to prove you are an employee ;)

• Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I will witness that fact!!
  • Jd Dupuy
    Jd Dupuy Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I vote this one the best response to a community question for 2018. Quote "Gerald - K5SDR, David, I responded to your question 3 hours ago to the best of my ability. I have definitely been an employee since we started in 2003. ;>)" Unquote
  • AA0KM
    AA0KM Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
  • Jd Dupuy
    Jd Dupuy Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Hey now, I have one of those IC 7610 or was it two? I have a museum to fill and lucky not to be in the backlog as I wait until next year when they start shipping from stock... I hope. Pretty dang amazing product when everyone is chewing their fingernails down waiting to get theirs.

• Mark  K1LSB
    Mark K1LSB Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    "Mark, Apparently you didn't read my question...... or my asking for employee's to reply only.  Its still not been answered." -- K5ROX

1)  I'll post in any thread I wish, anytime I have anything to say.  Get your head around that.  You don't control this forum.

2)  There have been numerous answers to your questions, by FRS employees, in this thread.  The answers just weren't what you wanted to hear.
  • K5ROX
    K5ROX Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I got the answer to my question, Gerald covered it 100%, sorry didn't know "Apparently" was YOUR word......ill step lightly next time.
  • Gary L. Robinson
    Gary L. Robinson Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Oh great swami!  When will every one else who ordered before me get their order shipped?  At least I didn't ask when mine would ship hihi.  Never mind, that crystal ball looks like it is analog - not software defined ...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.